Notary Rotary
computer question
Notary Discussion History

computer question
Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by Ali/IL on 8/4/09 12:43am
Msg #298596

computer question

I accidentally deleted a u32prod.dll file from computer. Now, it is causing problems.
I am having problems restoring from vista. Does anyone know of a free program that I may download from internet to bring it back?

Thanks

Reply by Jim/AL on 8/4/09 12:54am
Msg #298597

Google this and you will find the free file.

u32prod.dll file vista

Reply by Jim/AL on 8/4/09 12:57am
Msg #298598

PS...where u at in IL? Just got back from Orland Park, Downers Grove and Chicago trip. Visit to 82 year old momma and other family. Allot has changed in the 24 years I have been here.

Reply by Ali/IL on 8/4/09 1:23am
Msg #298600

About 50 miles ne of Chicago.
I have been on internet for hours trying to get a solution to this problem with this dll file. I accidentally deleted it. Tried Microsoft windows support no help.My vista restore points aren't helping either. Just no able to manually restore it .
Hope someone can help me .

Reply by PAW on 8/4/09 8:07am
Msg #298608

u32prod.dll is a component of Ulead programs (e.g., photo explorer , ulead video studio etc.). Reinstalling the Ulead product should replace the file. If not, you can download it from a number of different sites, including:

http://www.dll4free.com/u32prod.dll.html

-or-

http://free-dlls.com/dll-u32prod-error.html

Reply by Jim/AL on 8/4/09 8:08am
Msg #298609

http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Free/3000-2086_4-10407614.html

I started usin this free program recently on my Vista machine (the other 5 are XP Pro) and I love it...cleared up allot of problems and PC runs much quicker.

It should pick up and repair your registry problem.

PAW (Paul in FL) or one of the other super intelligent people here will probably give you a step by step solution w/o downloading the above, but I do recommend it for FREE general PC optimization and fixes. Sorry, I could not help further.

Good luck!

Reply by Jim/AL on 8/4/09 8:10am
Msg #298610

PAW, you are awesome! n/m

Reply by PAW on 8/4/09 8:57am
Msg #298616

Gosh, shucks <twirling foot on floor while blushing>

Twern't nuttin'

Reply by MW/VA on 8/4/09 10:50am
Msg #298642

Re: PAW, you are awesome!

And he doesn't even charge for all these great geek advice!!!!

Reply by Mia on 8/4/09 4:13pm
Msg #298666

I put this question out on a well known computer question site....
here's what one person said.

"There are Internet sites that provide DLL files for download for just such occurences. However, you must be careful as such a site may actually be a phishing site designed to trick you into downloading malware.

If that system is useable, you could boot it up, then insert your Windows installation disc and search for the file there. If you know where the file should go, simply copy it over.

Another possibility would be to run the System File Checker (SFC) at a command prompt. Type cmd into the start menu's search bar to open up a command prompt window. Enter sfc /scannow and let it run. If that DLL file is critical, it may detect that it is missing and prompt you to insert your installation disc so that it can restore it.

Whether or not either of these methods work depends on what that particular DLL is for. If it's vital to the operation of Windows, it's sure to be on the installation disc somewhere. However, if it was originally installed by an application, you should be able to repair it by simply reinstalling that application. Where this file was located before its accidental deletion and/or any missing DLL error messages seen when attempting to run any specific application are both good indicators of which program the DLL may belong to."

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.