Notary Rotary
e-signing
Notary Discussion History

e-signing
Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by A S Johnson on 8/16/09 5:28pm
Msg #300258

e-signing

I "bit the bullet" and aquired a laptop this weekend.
I have done an e-sign for AmTrust but we used the Br's equipment and hi-speed connection.
I have read traning is available on line from several lenders and their are diferent platforms, AmTrist and Fivserv.
How do I access them the traning
I know I can add this yo my profile so I'll be seen as able to do e-signing.
Are their more.
I have not heard of many in this area but I know they are coming. Some of this area will have Wi-Fi ability But most of my service area is rural (30 miles west of Ft Worth, Weatherford TX and west where I need an "air card" or other ways of connecting.
Any info/discussion will help.
Thanks
Sid Johnson
[e-mail address]
817.594.0440 answered College Park pack and Mail

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/16/09 5:32pm
Msg #300259

Re: e-signing...Sid

Grats in your purchase...not sure I would have made the investment before getting a call for one....I have a laptop and have been asked once in three years if I'm set up for e-signs..answer was no (don't have the aircard and once in three years doesn't lead me to believe the market around me is real big for them yet)..

Anyway...Google AmTrust E-sign Webinar....think they have one coming up in September. Can't help you with FiServ but I'm sure someone in the know will chime in..

Good luck!!

Reply by A S Johnson on 8/16/09 6:36pm
Msg #300267

Re: e-signing...Sid

Thanks for you info.
In the last 2 years I have been asked 4 or 5 times(I have done one). One request needed to be done at a title co, (they could not tie up one of thier terminals for the signing and did have a in office person with the time to do it-read that Notary Direct would not meet thier fee of $275),
This purchase and air card is need for other parts of my business.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/16/09 5:33pm
Msg #300260

Should add..

I do notice that on AmTrust's website they link to Nations Direct...good luck getting the fee these deserve.

MHO

Reply by A S Johnson on 8/16/09 6:52pm
Msg #300269

Re: Should add..

Yes I know about Notary Direct. When I started about 10 yrs ago I worked for them alot (back in the $50-$60 day with overnight docs). Now just every now and then when they can not get anyone else and will meet my fees.
My e-signing fees will be price so I make money.
The time to do it will be basicly the same-2 1/2 hours
a) walk out the door and drive to the signing (up to 20 miles),
b) do the signing,
c) return to my shop
d) get the wet signed docs ready and deposit them for shipping.
Plus printing fee,
Plus travel over 20 miles.
If I'm the only one that is able to do this then my fees will be meet, if NOT, Please call again.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/16/09 7:09pm
Msg #300272

Re: Should add..

"if NOT, Please call again."

LOL...love it!!...Smile

Reply by MW/VA on 8/16/09 5:53pm
Msg #300262

I hope you did some research, Sid. If you use the orange search button there has been a lot of threads on this. I also thought the wave of the future was e-signings. I had suited up with a laptop & aircard (later took the termination fee hit on the aircard--it didn't warrant the expense). To date I have done about 6 e-signings in over a year, and my laptop is collecting dust.
I now have a Blackberry to use as a modem.
This past week I was asked by a tc to sign up for Fiserv paperless closings. There is a thread on that, also. The Fiserv platform is used for Flagstar Bank e-signings. Someone here on NotRot had sent me the training material they used in their ss. Once again it will be a wait & see how many signings I'll actually see from this.
Good luck.

Reply by A S Johnson on 8/16/09 6:58pm
Msg #300270

Thank you and forgive me for not using the "orance button", "my bad".
And I did see that FlagStar my be in trouble, today.
But I trying to be ready when asked and it is profitable for me.
Otherwise, I have other profit center in my business.

Reply by A S Johnson on 8/16/09 7:06pm
Msg #300271

I've just tried to find e sign, e-sign, e doc signing under the orange buttom with no results,
Any suggestion for a key phrase to use.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/16/09 7:16pm
Msg #300273

"AmTrust", "esigning" all one word?

Reply by A S Johnson on 8/16/09 7:56pm
Msg #300276

Thanks, found most of these.
I did the google for AmTrust wbesite and went thur that info.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/16/09 8:13pm
Msg #300279

The website for Amtrust is www.esignmortgage.com. Click on "watch video" on the left.
You can't sign up or register for it though, because it is the tc's who register & are provided with a password. They will give that to you when you do a signing.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/16/09 7:19pm
Msg #300274

#298874, 297061, 294784, 292083, 291781,

291656, 290925

And that's just back to 6/2/09

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.