Notary Rotary
fed ex
Notary Discussion History

fed ex
Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by mswoody/fl on 8/24/09 9:49am
Msg #301439

fed ex

I was told saturday when I was dropping docs off at fed-ex shipping station that fed-ex did not do pick ups on saturday. I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this before. Is it something new they started or was I mis informed on purpose. If this is the case it is going to cause issues with getting docs bac within 48 hours for signings on saturdays.

Reply by wisconsin on 8/24/09 9:59am
Msg #301440

My FedEx Kinkos still pick up on Saturdays by 3pm. The drop box stations no longer do though, in my area. You can look it up online what their times are for you.

Reply by Lee/AR on 8/24/09 10:01am
Msg #301441

area specific. Check your area online. n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/24/09 10:04am
Msg #301442

I use The Mailbox Store to drop my packages

last time I spoke the owner (not so long ago) she's still shipping out UPS and FedEx on Saturdays...but packages need to be there by 11:00am. Kinkos is Saturday at noon.

Reply by Gregory/OKC on 8/24/09 10:14am
Msg #301443

I would get clarification by going on the Fedex website and looking it up.

Reply by A S Johnson on 8/24/09 10:18am
Msg #301444

FedEx and UPS do pick up on Sat. But it is limited and earlier than weekdays.
Drop boxes are NOT pick up.
Retail pack and ship stores need to have a contract with Sat pick up.
FexEx (Kinkos) Office stores generally have a afternoon pick up.
I had investment property signing this past Sat that needed to get out Sat for funding today, I dropped it at a near by pack and ship store that had a 2:30 pm pick up.
A FedEx Office (Kinko's), I would have gone out of my way to use has a 4 pm pick up.
You must ask the right question, Do you have a Sat pick and when is it or where can I drop this for Sat pick up?

Reply by Andrews - Andy on 8/24/09 10:55am
Msg #301445

Can someone tell me how I contact Notary Rotary to set up an account. I have requested information for this for 3 weeks and have not received a reply.

Thank you.

Reply by Keystone_SA on 8/24/09 10:58am
Msg #301446

go to "home" and then "my account"

and you should be able to pay for the premiere membership you want.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 8/24/09 11:14am
Msg #301451

If you are posting here, you already have an account. You can't post without one, as far as I know. What specifically do you need to set up?

Reply by MW/VA on 8/24/09 2:21pm
Msg #301478

I'm not clear on your post. Do you want to set up a NotRot acct. or a Fedex acct.?

Reply by CF on 8/24/09 2:50pm
Msg #301485

If you drop off on Saturday and you have Saturday pick-up then your docs will be at the receiver on Monday. Also, the rescission would not start until Monday for a signing on Saturday. If they receive the package on Tuesday that gives them 2 days until funding. UPS does not have any pick-ups in my area on Saturday. Never has been an issue for me.

Not really a big deal- in my opinion.

Reply by mswoody/fl on 8/25/09 9:44am
Msg #301575

thanks this makes me feel better..the company sent me shipping label and told me where to ship from and if you didnt follow directions they deducted 25.00 and then if they didnt get it within 48 hr they deducted 25.00..so if they keep getting picky i may owe them money...lol

Reply by MW/VA on 8/24/09 3:24pm
Msg #301490

Rule of thumb (especially for drop boxes) is that Fedex or UPS do not pick up on a Saturday.
They charge extra for Saturday pickups or deliveries.
HOWEVER, places like PostNet, MailBoxes, etc., often have Saturday pickups for both services (they are paying for pickup as a service to their customers).
Also, Fedex Kinkos has Sat. pickups usually 2:00, 2:30, etc.--You can always call to get their specific pickup times.
I have a Fedex location in my area that I can get pickup at 4:00 pm on Saturday.
UPS Stores usually have a Saturday pickup at around Noon.
I often have to drop my Friday night packages on a Saturday. I would never hold them for Monday.
That is an option for me, though, because I don't live in a rural area, and have lots of options for shipment (and I don't use drop boxes).

Reply by Closing Services Alpha Omega RE on 8/24/09 9:28pm
Msg #301536

Had 6:00PM (refi) closing. Closing instructions says to fedex overnigt same day as closing. Just returned home at 9:00 PM after other appts. I will call them in the AM but will it make a difference if I send it in the AM?

Reply by wisconsin on 8/24/09 10:01pm
Msg #301540

They should not expect it to go out that late. Usually they want it shipped same day if before 5pm or within 24 hours of closing. IMHO tomorrow morning should be just fine.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/25/09 7:31pm
Msg #301650

Docs are date sensitive. They want them back asap. Instructions will usually say ship same day.
That is really only possible for signings up to about 4 pm in most places--otherwise drop the following day.

Reply by John Schenk on 8/24/09 10:12pm
Msg #301541

Here, if you drop at the hub FedEx still doesn't pick up out of the drop box on Saturday. You have to take it inside or go to a Kinko or other drop site in your area for any type of Saturday pickup. At Knikos they actually show that they pick up from the box. The latest pickup will always be at the hub though, I believe. That's usually where I drop, and have them scan it while I'm at the desk so I Know it shows that I dropped it for Saturday closings. 2:45 p.m. is the latest I can get out on FedEx. I think UPS is 1:00 p.m. here. You just have to go to FedEx.com and click on find locations and scroll through there and find the closest, latest pickup you can get on Saturday.

JJ

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/26/09 1:51am
Msg #301698

A caution...

I found out that there are lots of UPS places that will scan in your docs and say that they have a pickup, but if you ask more questions, you find out that the docs still don't go out until Monday for Tuesday delivery. They just sit on a loading dock somewhere over the weekend. I even went to a huge main hub, not too far from me, and was told the same thing. It astounds me that in an area as populated as this that UPS has no way to drop a package on Saturday for Monday delivery!

As for FedEx, I've also learned to ask a few more questions... I don't want to know about pick-ups so much as when their cut-off is for shipping out for next-day delivery. Fortunately, I have pretty good service locally with several offices fairly close by, one with a 5:00 pm cut-off on Saturday. Because of that, I make a point to never use drop-boxes, unless it's for a shipping company that doesn't provide any other options.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.