Notary Rotary
what to do with this doc
Notary Discussion History

what to do with this doc
Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by Ali/IL on 8/26/09 11:04pm
Msg #301876

what to do with this doc

It is called> owner/borrower/contractor affidavit and indemnification agreement. This is a title insurance doc.
My understanding is that it is for new construction? I usually don't have them fill out for refis but, one title company wanted me to notarize it even though there was no borrowers signature. And, last page has four sections that have to be notarized and signed.

Reply by jojo_MN on 8/26/09 11:21pm
Msg #301877

Sent you a p.m. n/m

Reply by Lee/AR on 8/27/09 12:02am
Msg #301880

Best if you read that form again. Particularly the top of the last page very carefully. Yes, there is a place for the B's signature and your notary info/sig. Gotta stamp at the bottom of all the printing tho', as they didn't leave any room for that.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/27/09 2:40am
Msg #301892

I've been seeing that from lots of different sources lately. It's kind of multiple choice. They need to find and check off the sections that apply to them. Requires a jurat, usually. Like Lee/AR said, you need to re-read it.

Reply by NCLisa on 8/27/09 9:23am
Msg #301919

That is a requirement in this state. The borrower is stating that they have had no work done on the property where contractors and/or materialmen have not been paid. Basically, they are making sure no mechanics liens will be filed against the property.

In NC, we have to send this signed notarized form in with copies of the recorded docs for a final title policy to be issued.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.