Notary Rotary
NC Signing and Abstracting Agency, Burlington, NC
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2009 Index

Posted by zebbienc on 7/9/09 6:19am
Msg #295095

Has anyone done any work with this company? If so, do they pay on a timely basis? Thanks

Reply by Suzan Finnerty on 7/9/09 11:22am
Msg #295151

I have done 3 signings for this company on 4/13/09, 4/24/09 and 5/20/09 all within a reasonable time that I thought I would receive payment for. I have yet to get paid and have tried to contact Jamar Worthington and without asking any information says that he will get with accounting and hangs up. I would not except any jobs from them if I were you... unless they are willing to pay you up front.

Reply by titleme2nc on 7/9/09 11:39am
Msg #295156

I did a closing 11/24/2008, finally recieved a check after many calls, and faxes, on 1st of March and it had the date in the $____ and the date in the Date____ and the wrote in amount on Dollar _____. I scanned it, along with the Invoice and faxed again, while calling and leaving messages, letting him know that I will not stand for this and that he had to make good on this. I was finally paid in Full on March 23, 09.. I will not work with him again.

I have learnt that after many faxes, sometimes daily, to both SS and Title companies that most SS will pay up..

Reply by CopperheadVA on 7/9/09 12:24pm
Msg #295163

Please add them to Signing Central and rate them n/m

Reply by titleme2nc on 7/9/09 12:47pm
Msg #295171

Re: Please add them to Signing Central and rate them

I just tried to add them and it said that they are already listed, but I can not find them.
the address that was listed on his checks is 952 Golf House Rd. Suite-1, Whitsett, NC 27377
phone: 336-457-5982 / 336-772-8919 Fax: 800-538-6958
Owner: James White
[e-mail address]
I hope that this is the same person/company that we are all speaking about; its who I have listed as NC Signing & Abstracting Agency.

Good luck to anyone willing to work for him.

Reply by Teresa Rowe on 7/22/09 5:29pm
Msg #296934

Re: Please add them to Signing Central and rate them

It took me three months to get paid.

Reply by NC_Notary on 7/9/09 12:32pm
Msg #295165

I am also waiting for payment from them....

I have just sent him an email and cc'd ServiceLink also as well as my attorney.

We will see what happens.

Reply by zebbienc on 7/9/09 12:44pm
Msg #295169

Re: I am also waiting for payment from them....

The reason I asked is that I have done 3 closings for them....one in May and two in early June....I have emailed and faxed also but no response.....I will never work for them again...But I will continue trying to get paid for these 3.....

Reply by titleme2nc on 7/9/09 12:57pm
Msg #295178

Fax or email daily to

him and the title company, if you have thier fax and/or emails.
It dose work. (Most of the time)

Reply by CopperheadVA on 7/9/09 1:12pm
Msg #295182

You guys should complain to the title company, and see if

they will assist you with getting NC Signing & Abstracting to pay you. If you send an e-mail thanking the person who spoke with you at the TC, recapping the conversation, and then cc the signing company, this often lights a fire under their rear for payment. They hate to be embarrassed in front of their client.

Reply by zebbienc on 7/9/09 3:50pm
Msg #295208

Re: You guys should complain to the title company, and see if

I will be contacting the title companies middle of next week if I don't have payment...I advised NC Signing of this today....I have done work for both of the title companies previously and they both pay on a timely basis....

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/9/09 4:34pm
Msg #295215

Contact the NC Department of Insurance (who regulates title companies in NC or any title company writing title insurance on property located in NC) - they are WONDERFUL in responding to complaints and will contact the title company and pursue the issue..

They were great helping me with my problem last year - and yes, I got paid (different company).

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.