Notary Rotary
notarizing medical affidavits
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2009 Index

Posted by sue_pa on 6/1/09 1:41pm
Msg #290665

I've got no idea why but it seems all these requests come from Texas.

I quote $45 each time and each time they appeared shocked. I get about 1/2 the orders ... which are only about one a month anyway.

In PA I can charge travel fee and my notary fee would be $5 (I've only ever had one document with these type orders). I keep them in my "immediate" area which means probably no more than 20ish minute drive each way. I do not know of any other service industry where someone will come to you ... for anything... for $40.

What does everyone else charge as their base for these ... no distance, no nothing except one straight notarization?

Reply by Charles_Ca on 6/1/09 1:51pm
Msg #290666

In my little town I charge a base travel fee of $35 and the Ca standard fee for the notarizations/oaths for all my moile stuff. That is for the town proper between Noyo river and Pudding Creek a distance of about 2 miles and about 2 miles in fromt he coast. Sometimes I use my bicycle and don't even bother to start the car. Works for me but this is for straight notarization only. Outside of that area my fees go up for travel based on weird geographical boundaries.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 6/1/09 2:04pm
Msg #290670

"Moile stuff" = mobile stuff! #@&$% computer! n/m

Reply by CopperheadVA on 6/1/09 1:52pm
Msg #290667

I did one recently for a TX company - I charged $2 per mile one-way plus the $5 notary fee. Total was $40 but I said I would have to charge more if I ended up having to wait for the person who was to sign document. The lady then told me, "The most we can pay for these is $50." Alrighty then! I had just told her I would do it for $40!

I stuck to the $40 because that's what I had quoted. I agree that you need to keep these fairly local and also limit them to the morning time when loan signing appts are less likely to be scheduled for.

As it turned out, I did not meet with the doctor but an office clerk - and on the phone she assured me I would not have to wait to see her. I got there, saw her right away, and was out of there very quickly. Signer had the doc and took care of sending it back. All I did was travel there and notarize.

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/1/09 1:53pm
Msg #290668

I think $45 is definitely in the ballpark.

From Texas, eh?
They would "love" to pay $25.
They would "like" to pay $35.
However, $45 is what the job is worth b/c the medical office presents the potential for a sit and wait situation. You can always go done but you can't ever go up.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 6/1/09 2:08pm
Msg #290672

I charge $1 per mile also. Most of the time I round it up and it ends up being between $40 & $50. You are not out of line.

Reply by MW/VA on 6/1/09 2:11pm
Msg #290674

I also usually get $40 for these.

Reply by Jim/AL on 6/1/09 4:07pm
Msg #290697

Did one today for $60 and the same 2 wks. ago. n/m

Reply by EastTxNotary on 6/1/09 4:47pm
Msg #290709

I take these all day long for $50 so I don't know why they're getting the "vapors" about the fee you quoted. In fact, I always give the doctor's office my business card and encourage them to suggest using ME when they have a medical affidavit or interrogatories to be notarized. (Thanks BrendaTX for THAT tip!) I also like the fact that these appointments aren't so date/time sensitive and I can accomodate them around my schedule. ChaChing!

Reply by ikando on 6/1/09 5:58pm
Msg #290723

Every place I go and every person there, I give my business cards. I've had people call for an estate package from cards I gave out acknowledging a vehicle title! That business card is my best advertising.

Reply by nolanotary on 6/1/09 7:08pm
Msg #290737

I average 2 or 3 records affidavits a week...easy work. I usually charge $30-$35 for travel and time and $10 per notarization. My office is in a medical corridor, so most of these are right around the corner and very easy to schedule around my other assignments. I normally never have to wait since I call ahead and book a time with the records custodian. I let them know to have all the records & documents ready so when I arrive we just sign and seal.

I have also noticed that most of the offices contacting me for these are located in TX... very strange. Something else pretty common about these is that most of the ones I get are for MRI centers.

Reply by Les_CO on 6/1/09 9:27pm
Msg #290745

Re: I charge $50 n/m

Reply by Para/LA on 6/1/09 10:45pm
Msg #290753

I charge $50 here in Louisiana; great work! The ones I get calls for are also mostly from Texas, but some Louisiana. I believe Texas requires medical records to be notarized by written affidavit in order to prove them authentic and in order for them to be considered admissable as evidence. Here in Louisiana, they just need to be certified by the records custodian, not necessarily notarized in order to be admissable. However, some attorneys request that the records be certified by affidavit.

Reply by sue_pa on 6/2/09 6:18am
Msg #290765

thanks all. Looks like I was in the ball park and ... apparently there are low ballers in evey segment of our business.

Reply by Dawn/PA on 6/2/09 8:48am
Msg #290779

I've never managed to get one either, but it is nice to know that what I have quoted is along the same lines as everyone else.

Reply by Dave_CA on 6/2/09 12:40pm
Msg #290812

I charge $50.00 and have never had them flinch.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.