Notary Rotary
Keith Howard/Notary In My Back Yard
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2009 Index

Posted by Mona/CA on 5/27/09 4:17pm
Msg #290108

Mr. Howard contacted me on 2/24/09 to do a loan signing in my area which, I accepted because I had worked with him in the past and paid my invoice within two months. Well, this last time is taking three months, I contacted him at the two month mark and Mr. Howard promissed me payment within one week, it's been a month and still waiting. Don't trust Mr. Howard, he doesn't even post his mailing nor shipping address anywhere, I wonder why.......afraid of small claims in court? I will not accept closing orders from him again.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 5/27/09 9:25pm
Msg #290134

I found this:

Keith Howard 888-569-6942
Notary In My Back Yard
11385 Poway Rd Ste 102-103
San Diego, CA 92128-5002
Main line: (888) 569-6942 (24 HOUR SERVICE)
CELL: (858) 220-2701 (24 HOUR SERVICE)
FAX: (858) 228-1259 (24 HOUR SERVICE)

also check out message 34924 - a deadbeat list from 2005, he is listed on there with a different address. He is also listed as a premier member on this site - zip code 92128, but no address.

Reply by KODI/CA on 5/27/09 10:08pm
Msg #290135

He advertises on Craigslist - no travel fee - $5.00 per signature for general notarizations. Pretty much prostitutes the industry at those rates.

Reply by KODI/CA on 5/27/09 10:56pm
Msg #290140

The Poway address is just a front. Poway does not require a business license as does San Diego. IMO it is a negative when someone like this can become a premier member on this forum. He actually has an 800 rating. IMO it degrades the classy people who care about the industry, share their knowledge, and help all who need it. Perhaps Harry should change the criteria for becoming a Premier member, or at least review how he got his 800 rating.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 5/28/09 3:08am
Msg #290147

If his profiles are to be believed (comparing this one to the "other" one) he's done 2000 signings between March and May of this year...

Busy guy..

Reply by SanDiegoCA on 6/1/09 1:38pm
Msg #290663

>If his profiles are to be believed (comparing this one to the "other" one) he's done 2000
>signings >between March and May of this year...

>Busy guy..

Or not ...... he may be counting those he fronts using other notary signing agents, too.

At the end of 2007 I did three signings for him, during the time that "his car was in the shop", and he attempted to stiff me on all three because I had not emailed a W-9 to him.

I had, of course, and he had sent back a "return receipt" email to the email that it was attached to.

One call from my attorney and he did finally send a check, with my name misspelled into a derogatory "insult", which my bank gladly took and processed into the business account that was ON the W-9.

Take assignments from him ONLY with extreme caution, in my experience anyway ......

I won't again ....... that's for sure ...... :o]

Reply by Keith Howard on 6/3/09 4:23pm
Msg #291031

Kodi you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

I do not advertise Notary Services on Craig's List. In fact, I just did a search and cannot even find anything similar to what you describe -please send me the ad.

My previous business' address provided by Sylvia is on POWAY ROAD in the City of San Diego.

Furthermore, the City of Poway does require a business license just as San Diego.

Reply by Keith Howard on 6/3/09 4:26pm
Msg #291033

This is a previous address.

I used to have an office outside of the home, and when I did, I posted my address.

Now, I work out of my home and prefer not to post it openly on the internet.

If Mona would have requested my address, I would have provided it to her.

Reply by Keith Howard on 6/3/09 4:04pm
Msg #291023

First of all, I'm a Full time Notary. I only get help when absolutely needed or if it's requested from my clients. Mona does not provide all of the facts with her complaint which is convenient. Mona does not tell you that she provided an incorrect address for which payment was sent initially. Mona does not tell you that I called her for the correct address and offered to send her payment via paypal (which she declined). Mona calls me in prime times at the end of the month when I am the busiest. I've gotten back to her each time, maybe not as quickly as she'd like, but I have gotten back to her. I've even cut and paste the bank info regarding her payment. I have never promised Mona "payment within one week." I will address the other "responses" to this unfair post accordingly.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.