Reply by jojo_MN on 9/25/09 8:05am
Msg #304971

Imagine that. It's about time!

Reply by Stamper_WI on 9/25/09 8:07am
Msg #304973

Just hope they check that other address in Los Angeles

Reply by Todd/OH on 9/25/09 8:09am
Msg #304974

I DO hope this starts a trend. There are more where 21st Century came from.

Reply by MW/VA on 9/25/09 8:24am
Msg #304977

Hooray! Thanks for keeping us posted on these developments.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 9/25/09 8:37am
Msg #304982

Couldn't have happened to a more-deserving company!!!

Thought this was humorous from the article:

Arlene Lea, an attorney in a nearby office, said she hadn't noticed anything unusual about the loan-modification company until last week, when she heard a commotion by company employees. "A bunch of people were yelling about not getting their checks," Lea said.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 9/25/09 8:40am
Msg #304985

"people were yelling about not getting their checks"

Gooooooood.
Funny how some people are so self-absorbed.
They didn't seem to give a rip that the notaries they'd hire wouldn't get paid, let
them have a taste of their own medicine.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 9/25/09 8:42am
Msg #304986

Re: "people were yelling about not getting their checks"

All that up-front money and they couldn't pay their staff??? Wow..

Any notaries owed money at this point might just as well forget about ever being paid - sounds like this company's doors will be shut for good.

MHO

Reply by MW/VA on 9/25/09 8:43am
Msg #304988

As if we didn't think they would scam their "employees" as well.

Reply by Frances Kany on 9/25/09 8:48am
Msg #304992

I got a call and was sent paperwork and when I saw this I knew something was not right. I investigated a little further and then called them back and told them I was not interested. My notary friend who also does closings here in Mississippi had a call the very next day from these guys. I had already warned her about them and she would not do it either. We both have worked for attorneys and felt something was not right. She contacted someone from the State Department of Finance and they were going to investigate also.

So glad my woman's intuition and common sense told me something was amiss. I am sorry for all the notaries that won't get paid for their work. That hurts!!

Reply by MW/VA on 9/25/09 9:01am
Msg #304995

There have been many threads on this subject over the past few months. We've been putting a warning out to notaries about these companies. It's not just about not getting paid--the activity is illegal is many states. Good thing you trusted your gut.

Reply by kkarate on 9/25/09 9:31am
Msg #304998

I just received a call from them this week. Thanks God for this forum and all its members.

Reply by davidK/CA on 9/25/09 11:56am
Msg #305011

Darn! I was so hopeing they would call me. NOT! n/m

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 9/25/09 12:14pm
Msg #305013

There is a god! And maybe this will teach others scamming these poor people a lesson. horray!!!

Reply by CH2inCA on 9/25/09 12:36pm
Msg #305015

I've been called by this company and other SS' to do this kind of work. I have to say sometimes it's been hard to turn them down; because I was just unsure what was legit and what wasn't. What is our role? And just how much responsibility would be ours? Being that the borrower would ultimately be the person deciding what they will sign and what they won't. Their responsibility to KNOW. Desperation though can drive us to decisions we regret later. Thinking the home owners here.

I never did one of these assignments. Now I'm glad, if I had I think I'd be burdened with such a guilty concious PLUS I'd be so afraid of the implications right now.

:0(

I loathe people who prey on people who are down on their luck. Detest, hate, dispise, abhor...

Reply by Cari on 9/25/09 2:33pm
Msg #305031

This forum is the best. Not only is it informative to its members, but ALL of the comments posted are not only posted on this forum, but also on the Internet! Eventually word gets out and other companies that purport to help home owners strapped for cash or in foreclosure, will get the message...can't hide from the Internet or the FBI....HOORAY....Smile

Reply by Rebecca L. Denny on 9/28/09 3:28pm
Msg #305460

21st Century, now Fidelity National, same people call, I took signings from them until someone told me to check them on the internet. Now, I feel bad that those poor people got scammed. ME TOO, They have not payed me for the last two. THEY ARE CROOKS. They steal hope from people and money from closers. DO NOT TAKE CALLS FROM THEM OR FIDELITY NATIONAL. I HOPE THE FBI TAKES them down!!!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.