Notary Rotary
Bait and switch
Notary Discussion History

Bait and switch
Go Back to September, 2009 Index

Posted by Maureen_nh on 9/15/09 10:45pm
Msg #303997

Bait and switch

Had a company call me tonight for a signing on the 21st. New to me and after we got through playing phone tag, I told them i hadn't worked for them before. ( this was before I had checked signing central)
Was told right away that the docs were going to be overnighted and my check plus $10 more than I had asked for would be in the pkg. Sounds good!!! but there was a little hiccup in the conversation with e-docs mentioned. I corrected her and was assured that the check would be there with the pkg.
Then I was able to check signing central and it didn't look good. This is SoCal signings and I just wonder if any one out there has gotten this "the check is in the pkg" and then got hit with e-docs? Paranoid am I?

Reply by 101livescan on 9/16/09 8:32am
Msg #304004

If this is SoCal Signings in San Dimas, Lisa Bittner, I've always been paid by them...I don't understand the check in the mail...you are pretty remote, Maureen. It's perhaps a bonus for the situation/location. Call Lisa and talk to her about your concern. Always great to see you're posting and out there duking it out in the wild world of loan signing..Do you ever get to CA?

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/16/09 8:33am
Msg #304005

SoCal signings with Lisa Bittner?

Keep us posted on how this unsnarls.

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 9/16/09 1:30pm
Msg #304045

Re: SoCal signings with Lisa Bittner?

There is ANOTHER So Cal Signing Service in Southern CA- owner-David something...can't remember what else, just wanted to put that out there, since you were not familiar with the company that called you. Please double check that you are talking about the correct one. Surprised that SoCal Signings- Lisa B, would do overnight docs.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 9/16/09 9:26am
Msg #304017

I have always been paid by Lisa.

Reply by Maureen_nh on 9/16/09 11:04am
Msg #304026

With the three of you giving thumbs up I am sure that everything will go well. Thank you
I wonder why the many one stars--that is what got me nervous even though there were more than a few good grades.
I am not headed for CA any time soon though I did enjoy my visits.

Reply by Maureen_nh on 9/16/09 2:11pm
Msg #304052

I just talked to Lisa and she was sending the check because I was a remote and she didn't have too many signings in my neck of the woods.
She sounds like a lovely lady who runs a heads up business and doesn't deserve the negative feedback that she has received.

Reply by MW/VA on 9/16/09 5:50pm
Msg #304083

Unfortunately, your post, which started out "Bait and switch" has been linked to Signing Central.

Reply by Maureen_nh on 9/16/09 11:04pm
Msg #304115

I am logged in and checked signing central and I do not see what you are talking about . Could you please explain your comment?

Reply by MW/VA on 9/17/09 8:44am
Msg #304138

I don't see it either. Whoever linked the post may have linked it to another co.
My reference was that the words "bait & switch" would show up, and that isn't necessarily what the company intended. It has a very negative connotation & implies an intentional act to trick you.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 9/17/09 8:01am
Msg #304132

Re: Bait and switch - why "unfortunately" Marilynn? n/m

Reply by Dana Velkers on 9/24/09 2:25pm
Msg #304859

Re: Bait and switch - why "unfortunately" Marilynn?

If she can send you a check for a signing you are doing now, why can't she send me checks for signings I did back in July? I guess now I know why there are good and bad commets. Some of you they pay others have to fight.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.