Notary Rotary
Costco has $70 off set of 4 Michellen or Goodrich tires
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2009 Index

Posted by Vince/KS on 9/17/09 1:49pm
Msg #304169

In the current coupon book, it saves everyone $70 on a set of 4. What's really great is that this is just before the expected price increases due to the new tariffs imposed on imported tires to take place soon. The Costco tire manager says that they were waiting outside the department today at 9:00 AM even though they do not open until 10:00 here locally - he said the minimum wait was likely to be about 2:00 hours - then went on to say Tuesday's are typically the slowest day and sometimes it can be slow just before 6:00 PM. Hope this helps someone.

Reply by MW/VA on 9/17/09 1:57pm
Msg #304171

I buy my tires at Costco & they are great to work with. In fact, I bought 4 Michelin Primacy tires about 2 months ago, using the $70 off coupon. I was told those coupons rotate between them, Sam's & BJ's.

Reply by John Schenk on 9/17/09 6:17pm
Msg #304204

Figures, I got the $60 off from Discount Tire a couple months ago for a set of Michelins. Actually the $60 check came from Michelin about a month after I mailed in the coupon. It was still a pretty good deal, and I love Michelin tires.

JJ

Reply by Yoli/CA on 9/17/09 7:37pm
Msg #304209

I've gotten great prices (better than Costco) with Tire Rack, including shipping. They ship to your home or to an installer. All told, installation, tires, shipping, etc. was better price than Costco -- at least in my area.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 9/17/09 11:59pm
Msg #304226

I bought my last set of tires at Costco, too. Even if it ended up a little more $$, I think it was a great investment, because they service the tires for free. (They tell you only if you have them regularly rotated and maintained, but I haven't been asked.) I had my car serviced somewhere else a while back and all of a sudden it was vibrating all over the place at freeway speeds. (Not a good thing here!) Someone suggested I have the balancing checked, so I took it back to Costco. The other guys had rotated the tires, but didn't bother balancing them - or even checking the air! Costco did both for free (and I think they inflate with Nitrogen, which is supposed to last longer?)

BTW, I was told that they offer their buy 3, get 1 free sale (effectively the $70 savings) about every six months. Plus, I put it on my Costco/Amex card and get more cash back at the end of the year. This year, I'm already well past paying for my membership just by using the card.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/18/09 2:10pm
Msg #304281

Good points Janet!

You are right about the tires and Nitrogen runs cooler than air. I forgot that if you have a Costco Executive membershipp you get money back at the end of the year, the check I get always pays for the membership and then some.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 9/20/09 3:29pm
Msg #304406

Re: Good points Janet!

Actually, I tried the Executive Membership last year, but for me, it didn't pay for itself, since I just buy for myself. But the business American Express card also gives money back and has been well worth it for me, primarily because of gas, paper and prescription (now thankfully much less than prior years) purchases.

Reply by MW/VA on 9/18/09 2:33pm
Msg #304290

That's right, Janet. The Costco price includes life-time service--balance, rotation, etc.
With Nitrogen I almost never need to check my tire pressures.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.