Notary Rotary
Crooks are still active.
Notary Discussion History

Crooks are still active.
Go Back to September, 2009 Index

Posted by MW/VA on 9/9/09 9:07pm
Msg #303347

Crooks are still active.

I got a call again tonight for a loan mod app. in my area. It almost caught me off guard, because they were calling themselves a name very similar to a legit signing company. The call came from a 909 #, which I checked in Signing Central & doesn't tie to any co. Of course, I proceeded to tell them I don't take these & that they're not legal in VA.

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 9/9/09 9:56pm
Msg #303354

They are looking around for someone in your area. Someone else that we know got their call as well. She said no too!

Reply by Cari on 9/10/09 2:31am
Msg #303360

PLEASE PLEASE Post Company name and/or phone #....

we need to stay on top of these 'crooks', at all times, and by posting this information, let's the rest of us know who they are and where they are heading for their next nsa victim.

Reply by MW/VA on 9/10/09 9:40am
Msg #303384

Re: PLEASE PLEASE Post Company name and/or phone #....

They're slick, Cari. Pick a name--they will use any ruse. The schedulers are also using their own phones, so there's no way to trace it back to the devils.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 9/10/09 7:30am
Msg #303369

"The call came from a 909 #, which I checked in Signing Central & doesn't tie to any co"

Maybe because many are having their employees call from their cell phones to book these appointments...individual's cell phone numbers won't show up in SC...

Just a thought.

Reply by MW/VA on 9/10/09 9:22am
Msg #303382

I'm sure that is the case & it's why I didn't post the phone #. You'd think the people they are hiring would get a "hint" when they're required to use their own phones! I'm imagining that the schedulers are as clueless as anyone else in this scam. They are hired as schedulers & are probably working from home.

Reply by Wanda Jackson on 9/10/09 6:14pm
Msg #303472

Hi all, I read the forums a lot, but don't usually respond. I am in Nash TN and are getting a lot of calls from Fidelity National Legal Services (9099414246) - that is what they used to identify themselves as; but now they are identifying themselves as East Coast Management Co. They are a loan modification entity but I believe they are a fraud. I did lil research and other agents have reported them as a fraud. Have you all heard anything about them? They don't need the notary to notarized anything (just deliver and represent) and the attachments they send are about 20 pgs for the client to sign (blank pages), they ask the client to send 2 post dated checks for bout 400++. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Reply by MW/VA on 9/10/09 7:28pm
Msg #303478

Yes, Wanda. These are the same folks as 21st Century Legal Services. If you use the orange search button you can review a lot of previous posts. Many notaries are recognize the 909 a/c and that is enough. This is a scam, illegal in many states, under federal investigation, etc., etc., etc.
It is not a loan modification--it is a loan modification application. They also don't pay the notaries.

Reply by Gerry Grummons on 9/10/09 7:44pm
Msg #303480

Don't get involved. Pull a BBB on them. Really interesting. The loan modification is O K It's the Loan Modification Application w/Advance fees that's illegal. AG's are building files.

Reply by Wanda Jackson on 9/11/09 9:24am
Msg #303505

Hey guys, thanks a lot.

Reply by Carole Breckbill on 9/15/09 11:11am
Msg #303921

I got a call from the same 909- number. (21st Century Legal Services by any other name is still a bad deal.) I just said no thanks.

Reply by Sarah 7 Clay on 9/15/09 11:19am
Msg #303923

Great, I didn't realize they were a scam until now. I have done two of these now what do I do?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.