Notary Rotary
Deadbeat Companies
Notary Discussion History

Deadbeat Companies
Go Back to September, 2009 Index

Posted by jfs/IL on 9/9/09 6:53pm
Msg #303319

Deadbeat Companies

Here is a list compiled between two forums of Deadbeat Companies that you may not want to deal with your services and get stiffed. If anyone can add to this it would save a lot of misery for the S/A.

NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THESE SIGNING COMPANIES!

Accurate Signing Services – OR (Michael Lanscano)
Administrative outsourcing
American Signing Connection
Banc Serv – low rates
Bay Breeze Title
Cal Capital
21st Century Legal Services
CJ Signings – 45 days to pay -
Closing Masters
Closing Quest
Cogent Closing Associate
Countrywide
Document Closers Inc.
DocuServer Signing Agency (?)
Dynamic Solutions
Elaine with Tampa Bay
Express Financial Services
FNP Document Svcs
Fox Signings, Ambridge, PA
Full Signing Service
Home Loan Solutions
Integrity – Barry Silver: asks for illegal deeds
LIA Signing
Loan Closers
Loan-Closers.com
Loan Signers
Madison Credit Management
Nation Direct Calling – No caller ID
National Link/Service Link*
National Notary Network aka N3 Notary Services
National Signing Network - Brian Bayles
Navy Credit Union
Notaries Direct
Notary Pro
One Touch Closings – FL
Pacific Dox
Pacific Signing
Real Pinnacle
*Service Link/National Link
Signing Pro
Speedy Closings
Sunset Signings
The Signing Company
Top Notch Signing – not so top notch
United Notaries
United Signatures
US Title aka US Settlement Corp both in Cary, NC

Reply by MrEd_Ca on 9/9/09 7:01pm
Msg #303321

Service Link/National Link --- they have always paid... n/m

Reply by MrEd_Ca on 9/9/09 7:04pm
Msg #303322

oops ...

.... meant to say that they have always paid me, BUT they do require you invoice them on they're form on the 1st of every month. I have never had a problem w/either company, payment-wise.

Reply by jfs/IL on 9/9/09 7:10pm
Msg #303323

Re: oops ...

Things are stated differently in other places. My intention is to find out what is fact and what is fiction about these companies with the help of some feedback. I can't believe there are that many deadbeats we have to worry about when it comes time to perform our services!

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/9/09 7:16pm
Msg #303324

"My intention is to find out what is fact and what is fiction about these companies with the help of some feedback"

So you post them as a list of "deadbeat companies", yet you're not even sure if that's factual. Yeah, that makes sense.

Reply by jfs/IL on 9/9/09 7:32pm
Msg #303326

Use that thing between your ears that that call a brain and get some glasses so you can read better! Someone else made the list in another forum and AGAIN I'm looking for feedback from people in our profession to find out what is fact and fiction about the complaints

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/9/09 7:40pm
Msg #303327

That comment will certainly endear you to the group! n/m

Reply by jfs/IL on 9/9/09 7:45pm
Msg #303329

Re: That comment will certainly endear you to the group!

personally, I don't care pal...I'm trying to find out if a group of people are trying to discourage us to stay in this profession or make consider the alternative and leave it which would then fatten their income. On the other hand, if most of this comes out positive there is a great loss in potential income in our profession. Other than that, GOOD NIGHT!!

Reply by Cari on 9/10/09 2:43am
Msg #303363

WHEW...I'm finally not the only IL NSA b&^%$ on this forum! n/m

Reply by jfs/IL on 9/9/09 7:40pm
Msg #303328

Restated: oops ...

Use that thing between your ears that THEY call a brain and get some glasses so you can read better! Someone else made the list in another forum and AGAIN, I'm looking for feedback from people in our profession to find out what is fact and fiction about the complaints

Reply by bfd110_IN on 9/9/09 7:48pm
Msg #303330

TROLL ALERT!!! n/m

Reply by docs1954CA on 9/9/09 7:50pm
Msg #303331

jfs/IL Here's what you need to do....

Go to signing central on this site and look at all the 1 star and 2 star companies listed and compile a list for yourself. The list you did the cut and paste on is seriously out of date.There are new "deadbeat" companies popping up all the time.Some of the companies on that list aren't too bad. Some of them pay low and slow, but they do pay, at least for the moment. That doesn't mean at this point they are "deadbeats", although I'm sure they could be. You can't really expect everyone here to rate them all for you again now, as it has already been done, and continues on a daily basis.

Reply by wisconsin on 9/9/09 7:51pm
Msg #303332

JFS/IL you are not making much sense

There are 2 companies on that list that have a good record with me, but what I don't get is why are you being rude and insinuating that others are being deceitful so that newbies will go away. I find the comments and feedback on this forum are very helpful and have saved me alot of headaches.
Just my .02

Reply by jfs/IL on 9/10/09 8:15am
Msg #303373

Re: JFS/IL you are not making much sense

I'll tell you what does not make sense....sixteen of those companies have come from this forum alone on that list. Every time three or more individuals complain about a company stiffing them or trying to, I add that company to my black book on my desk for reference if and when I'm called for a signing. NOW YOU TELL ME WHO IS NOT MAKING ANY SENSE ME OR THE FOLKS IN THIS FORUM!!

Reply by wisconsin on 9/10/09 8:46am
Msg #303375

You still are not making any sense. You list a page full of companies that you say are DEADBEATS and for us not to do business with them. Then someone makes a comment and you go off stating you were looking for feedback and insinuating that people on this board just make up stuff about companies so newbies will not work for them. That is what does not make sense!
That is great if you have your own list for your reference, but I have worked for at least 2 companies on that list and they met my fee and paid under 30 days.
I trust the comments on this board, the one time that I gave an SS a chance that had a not so good record on this board I spent 2 months chancing my money while he kept giving excuse after excuse.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 9/10/09 9:09am
Msg #303381

Joseph, to answer your question - the folks on this forum are making sense!
Read your original post. You post a list of what you claim are deadbeat companies and tell us not to work for those companies. You say it is a list compiled from another forum.

When members reply that we have signing central where we can check companies before working for them, and we can do a search on the company, plus some of us have worked for some of those companies and have had no problems getting paid, you respond you were only looking for feedback.
We are all responsible for making our own lists of companies not to work for.

Also, remember some notaries may have complained about a signing company in error! Look at Ronald earlier, posting about LoanDocumentsNow not paying him. Then he had to retract it as he had been paid. However he has also posted the message on another board and has not retracted his non-payment message there. So, the company could end up on a negativer list just because of his post there.
Some notaries don't do their work right and so have problems with a company and in retaliation will post negative posts regarding that company. There are all kinds of reasons companies get put on a negative list, and so it is up to the individual notary to do their own checking when working for a company.

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/9/09 8:24pm
Msg #303335

Re: Restated: oops ...

That thing between my ears works just fine sweetie. Here's exactly what you wrote:

Deadbeat Companies: Here is a list compiled between two forums of Deadbeat Companies that you may not want to deal with your services and get stiffed.

It doesn't say you're looking for feedback about them, it doesn't say anything about fact vs fiction, it simply says that you are presenting us a list of deadbeat companies, at least in that post. Which very well might be the only post by you that somebody in this thread reads.

It's not the reader's burden to hunt down any conditional remarks you might have made elsewhere, it's your responsibility to not be libelous when you don't even know what the hell you're talking about.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 9/9/09 8:24pm
Msg #303336

if you were looking for feedback you would have asked for feedback. Your message stated:

Here is a list compiled between two forums of Deadbeat Companies that you may not want to deal with your services and get stiffed. If anyone can add to this it would save a lot of misery for the S/A.

NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THESE SIGNING COMPANIES!

Now, where are you asking for feedback on these companies.
And as has been pointed out there is a neat section on this forum called Signing Central where you can check on companies. Or, there is also a "Search" feature.

I have worked with some of those companies and had no problem getting paid.

So, please, use that thing between your ears that you call a brain and do your own research on these companies.

Reply by Keystone_SA on 9/10/09 1:53pm
Msg #303431

Wow.... looking back at my own post last week, did I sound like this? LOL. I certainly have taken a step back and realize that although the comments may "seem" unfriendly at the time, 9 times out of 10 the responses you get to your posts are honest. You may have a lot of experience, but so do most of these other notaries. Maybe they've posted here longer and know exactly how to phrase a question, or a thought. Think before you type. Make your post as understandable as possible and the chances of getting what you deem to be an unfavorable response, diminishes. I think all anyone here was trying to say to you JFS/IL is that you should just research before making such an accusational post. As said down lower in this post, sometimes SS get bad reviews by bad notaries. It doesn't necessarily mean they are true. just my .02

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 9/9/09 8:20pm
Msg #303334

"My intention is to find out what is fact and what is fiction about these companies with the help of some feedback"

That's not what you said...you said:

"Here is a list compiled between two forums of Deadbeat Companies that you may not want to deal with your services and get stiffed. If anyone can add to this it would save a lot of misery for the S/A."

YOU should have done your homework....many of the companies on the list are known to be out of business...and many others are good to work for. Look them up yourself here on SC and read member comments...but to list companies as deadbeats without research is, IMO, ... well... silly. And many listed have been defended elsewhere too..

By the way - I do believe cross-posting is frowned upon too..AND....as someone once before so eloquently put it, and I'll use it in reference to your comment about Cali, he knows more about this business than you'll ever FORGET in a lifetime...you need not worry about the "thing between his ears"...

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/9/09 8:25pm
Msg #303337

Great minds think and post in threes. n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/9/09 8:33pm
Msg #303339

"Great minds"...you are all lucky. I seem to quote and

"channel" Gladys Kravitz.

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/9/09 8:36pm
Msg #303340

AAAAAAAABNER! n/m

Reply by desktopfull on 9/9/09 9:37pm
Msg #303350

Check signing central n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 9/9/09 9:03pm
Msg #303344

You're obviously new to this forum. This is the 2nd time today I've seen you post info copied from other sources. At the top of the page, following Welcome........., it says "Before Posting, please read the Rules & Regulations". Signing Central is our source for checking on deadbeat companies. We all contribute. I don't know where you got your list, but it isn't accurate to begin with.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 9/9/09 9:11pm
Msg #303348

I know where it came from...

and the list was contested on the other forum too as being outdated, inaccurate and not verified ..that's probably why cross-posting is frowned upon...

But that's just my .02

Reply by MW/VA on 9/10/09 1:41pm
Msg #303428

Re: I know where it came from...

Yes, the person even emailed it to me, not that I care. I'm confused as to why someone would think it's their mission to spread that list around. I reminded them that you need to be careful about these matters, because different notaries can have different experiences.
I utilize Signing Central & use another site occasionally whose entire purpose is for reporting the reputations of companies. IMO it goes with the territory--it is my personal responsibility to check out companies I work for.
On the flip side, you can be sure there are lists out there that contain the names of notaries that should not be called because of the way they do business.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.