Notary Rotary
Equity National & ValuNet
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2009 Index

Posted by LisaWI on 9/1/09 11:11am
Msg #302465

I am considering doing this and going over the pro's and con's. I can be convinced to go with the fee that it would cost to participate and I really like the option of Direct Deposit.

But here is what I am not too thrilled about:
ES6 – Confirmation Set: Scheduling is an automated process. The closing agent will receive an email from Equity National that will provide the closing information. The closing agent will have 30 minutes to accept the closing within the Partner Portal. If you do not respond within 30 minutes, the system will send a cancelation notification to you and move to the next available closing agent. If you are unable to respond within the Partner Portal, please contact Equity National via phone within 30 minutes of receiving the original scheduling email.

This would seem to me to be for someone who is constantly sitting in front of their computer or it is geared for those who have access to their emails via phone, which I do not. I have many title comps who email me for closings. The big difference is, they wait for me to respond cause they want me to do the closing. I like working with Equity. They are efficient, and payment is always there. They believe in teamwork and are a pleasure to work with.

Anyone doing this yet and can you post your experience? I would appreciate your feedback. I have read the other threads on this, but didnt see anyone who has actually been doing this.

Reply by LisaWI on 9/1/09 11:13am
Msg #302466

Re: Equity National & ValuNet-PS

Feel free to message me instead if you prefer Smile

Reply by CopperheadVA on 9/1/09 11:27am
Msg #302468

I signed up for ValuNet but have not received any calls or emails for closings. I upped my fee by $5 to cover the document download fee that ValuNet charges.

I don't have e-mail on my phone, either, but I do have text messaging. I discovered that you can forward your e-mail to your cell phone as a text message. Very convenient when waiting for docs or for job offer from ValuNet. Here's the link:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/email-to-sms/

I have used this on both AT&T and Verizon, and my work e-mails come through as text messages to my phone. I have unlimited texting, so I am not incurring an extra fee for this. Of course, I cannot respond to the messages, but at least I know instantly when an important e-mail has been sent and that alerts me to make a phone call or to get to a computer.

Of course, some e-mail providers, such as the free version of Yahoo, do not allow you to forward e-mails, so this won't work for everyone.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 9/1/09 1:39pm
Msg #302486

The very reason I "gave up"

and finally have my email forwarded to my cell phone.
Every appointment I have received in the last 2 weeks has been via email, no phone calls
(but none via ValuNet).
I had one a few weeks back from EQN, but they called me for that one, and asked that I sign up with ValuNet.

Reply by MW/VA on 9/1/09 2:22pm
Msg #302487

I've done a couple of signings for Equity National recently. The new platform w/ValuNet is not up & running yet. I have a Blackberry so I get my email on my phone. I did that so I get notifications when docs are in when I'm out running around. As the last couple of posts have mentioned, there are several ways to get notifications on your phone. Equity is a great company & I signed up with ValuNet because I don't want to lose them as a client. Julia Berman is available to answer any questions relating to this (she's at x4382).

Reply by Lee/AR on 9/1/09 4:56pm
Msg #302514

Have you noticed that

it seems like every time 'they' come up with an 'improvement' (for them), it costs us money?

Reply by MW/VA on 9/1/09 6:08pm
Msg #302519

Re: Have you noticed that

It won't cost you one cent. They have instructed anyone signing up to add the $5 to their fee.
"They" aren't expecting the notaries to pay for this.

Reply by Lee/AR on 9/1/09 10:01pm
Msg #302533

Re: Have you noticed that

Agree on that, but was referring to the 'bells & whistles' that would make it easier for them to contact you ... via text messages from your e-mail to your cell...that stuff isn't free.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.