Notary Rotary
Evicted... life is hard!
Notary Discussion History

Evicted... life is hard!
Go Back to September, 2009 Index

Posted by Kathryn on 9/1/09 8:41am
Msg #302446

Evicted... life is hard!

Knoxviille.......Anyone have a mother in law private suite , apartment, etc. for temporary use for me? I got evicted because the landlord sold the place I live in ! I have to be out soon!

Funds are low, work is slow... praying what to do??? Single, 2 small dogs... that's me!

email me at [e-mail address] THANKS!

Reply by Jim/AL on 9/1/09 8:52am
Msg #302448

That really stinks Kathryn. I am not an atty. or practicing law, but I would assume you have some rights to stay 60-90 days before they can evict...do you have a lease agreement?

I suggest you call a local real estate co. that does property management or check on federally assisted housing where they base your rent on what you make.

I have an NSA-Realtor friend in Nasville, but he is probably to far away to be able to help. Please let me know if I can help, that is terrible.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 9/1/09 9:01am
Msg #302449

I had a similar experience last summer

I put my needs/budget in a craigslist ad and found a temp (6 months) residence for pennies.
It was an investor's property (vacation rental) and she had no bookings until Jan 1, and that gave me enough time to locate a permanent residence.
It was like being on vaca for 6 months.
Good luck!

Reply by Jim/AL on 9/1/09 9:41am
Msg #302453

you may try these

http://www.aptselector.com/tn/shorttermleaseknoxvilletnapartments.html

http://www.nls.gov/offices/pih/pha/contacts/index.cfm

Reply by 101livescan on 9/1/09 9:45am
Msg #302454

If you belong to a church, put up a bulletin notice that you are looking. We have had great success with our fellowship! If you're month to month, you'll have to move, if you have a lease it's different. Your landlord may only be required to give you 30 days.

Craigslist.org is a great tool.

Reply by Kathryn on 9/1/09 11:09am
Msg #302464

My place is a month to month. I was out of town for 1 1/2 weeks when the notice was at my house to move (my daughter was ill... I was helping her out of town.)

I am looking! Thanks to all. I just need money for current rent and place to move!!! Frown

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 9/1/09 11:34am
Msg #302469

My prayers are with you!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.