Notary Rotary
Genesis Title out of OH
Notary Discussion History

Genesis Title out of OH
Go Back to September, 2009 Index

Posted by Paul2_FL on 9/18/09 5:38pm
Msg #304318

Genesis Title out of OH

Anyone have any info on this company? SC only has a "same name" one in FL.
TIA

Reply by John/CT on 9/18/09 7:14pm
Msg #304325

Genesis Title Services of Ohio vs Genesis Title of Florida

Yes, there is a difference. Beware of the latter, based on my own experience with them: After agreement on my fee and assigning the appointment to me, they came back later and cancelled it, telling me that they found another notary "a bit closer to the settlement location" (read, we located a less-expensive signing agent afterwards). Not good karma Frown

Reply by MW/VA on 9/18/09 8:37pm
Msg #304327

Re: Genesis Title Services of Ohio vs Genesis Title of Florida

I've only dealt with the one if FL. They've been good to work with & I've always been paid in less than two weeks.

Reply by John/CT on 9/19/09 12:27pm
Msg #304365

Re: Genesis Title of Florida

Yes, they do have a lot of four- and five-star ratings in SC, but there's also another side of them re: Msg #296086 and #290083 Frown

Reply by Cari on 9/19/09 8:52pm
Msg #304389

I got an email from the owner of the Ohio company...

This was the first email I, and other notaries in my area received from the Ohio office (not from the owner)

"We have a closing taking place next week in the Chicago area and are looking for some new closers. Would anyone like to be added to our database and continue to do closings for us starting with this one? Please let me know and I will get the details over to you shortly. Please send over your fee schedule as well if possible. "

After I responded to that first email and basically said that the rumours were true about them 'shopping around' for the cheapest notary...the following email was the owners response...

"The email that was sent out was a mass email to all notaries in that area asking if they were interested in performing a real estate transaction for our company. And to find out if any notaries were interested in being added to our data base. We have several closings a year in the Chicago area.

No where in the email does it give the impression we are shopping around. We are only asking if people are interested in working with us, and if so, to send us their fees. I don’t know about you, but I have always requested a quote for any service requiring payment from me whether it is business or personal...."

...they took me off of their "list"...and you know, I'm not bothered by it at all...Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.