Notary Rotary
I'm going to prison!
Notary Discussion History

I'm going to prison!
Go Back to September, 2009 Index

Posted by PAW on 9/16/09 1:19pm
Msg #304040

I'm going to prison!

No, I'm not be incarcerated. I'm being hired by the attorneys for the United States and the defendant, to see that some property deeds are executed and notarized by one of the six National Century executives that have been convicted of numerous counts, including fraud. The federal judge wanted to make sure this executive of National Century Financial Enterprises was aware of the exact amount of the bill - down to the penny - while he sits in prison. The judge ordered two of the executives to repay investors $2,384,147,105.09. (Not a typo. It is $2.4 BILLION.) The executive I will be meeting is currently 72 years old and may be spending the rest of his life in prison. The judge ordered him to serve 15 years in federal prison as well as making restitution. The other executive sentenced at the same trial, is 57 and will serve a 12 year sentence.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 9/16/09 1:22pm
Msg #304041

Darn PAW
I thought when I saw the subject line they had finally caught up with youSmile

Incidentally, I know you hate to be reminded, but belated Happy Birthday for Monday.

Reply by John_NorCal on 9/16/09 1:24pm
Msg #304043

Jeez Paul, I thought we were going to have to take up a.....

collection for hack saw blades for you!

On the other side of this, they have to show these crooks that crime doesn't pay. I sure wouldn't want to spend my final days in the Steel Bar Nursing Facility.

Reply by Philip Johnson on 9/16/09 1:48pm
Msg #304047

I hope stripes don't make you look chubby.

They say that vertical stripes can make you look taller, here's hoping this happens for you. May I also suggest you start watching 1930's movies to pick up the prison lingo, nothing says stay away more than something Jimmy Cagney said.

Reply by Vince/KS on 9/16/09 1:59pm
Msg #304049

No better person for this job n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 9/16/09 3:07pm
Msg #304057

Congrats, Paul. Wow, a high profile case & being able to look one of the big crooks in the eye.
We now know a celeb!!!

Reply by Stamper_WI on 9/16/09 3:20pm
Msg #304059

Be Careful PAW

One was also convicted of tampering with witness's

Reply by Yoli/CA on 9/16/09 5:47pm
Msg #304082

Re: Be Careful PAW

keep your eyes on where they keep the keys!

Reply by Lee/AR on 9/16/09 4:18pm
Msg #304066

Good to hear they are making restitution. n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/16/09 6:42pm
Msg #304092

This will be a neat experience...

a little weird, but unique.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 9/16/09 6:57pm
Msg #304094

Re: This will be a neat experience...

"a little weird, but unique."

Brenda, you have just described PAWl to a "T"

oh - you were talking about the experience LOL

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 9/17/09 12:28pm
Msg #304164

Re: This will be a neat experience... - correction

PAW just called me, he says he is not a little weird, he is a lot weird!

(I cannot argue with my PAW!!! - if he says he is a lot weird, who am I to disagree with him) LOL

Reply by PAW on 9/16/09 7:17pm
Msg #304099

Another background check!

Since the federal prisons are managed and controlled by the Federal Bureau of Prisons, gaining access has been an ongoing process. Finally, with the help of a local and Ohio law firm, I think the government bureaucracy has finally been penetrated and access has been granted. The first step, was a DOJ/BOP criminal background check, not only for me, but for my wife as well. (Now she can also act as witness since BOP personnel, nor inmates are allowed to.)

Coleman Federal Correctional Complex actually consists of 4 prisons: a low security correction facility; a medium security facility; and two high security US penitentiaries. See http://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/cox/index.jsp for more info.

I've been to city jails, county lock-ups, state prison, but this is the first time for a federal prison. I will let you know if anything extraordinary takes place.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 9/16/09 9:01pm
Msg #304107

Re: Another background check!

Give us the whole scoop ... extraordinary or not, please.

Reply by John Schenk on 9/16/09 10:04pm
Msg #304112

That's a pretty kewl assignment to get! WTG! n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.