Notary Rotary
If u want to save $$ on GPS they make usb or bluetooth
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2009 Index

Posted by Jim/AL on 9/14/09 9:58pm
Msg #303875

devices (one time buy $40-$75) that plug into a laptop and will show your navigation on as big a screen as you have on your laptop or netbook.

Of course it requires a laptop or netbook loaded with mapping software (like MS streets and trips) installed. You do not need an internet connection, air card or anything else.

If you already tote around a laptop anyway these are cheap and work great.

Reply by MikeC/NY on 9/14/09 11:52pm
Msg #303890

Do they give verbal directions? The last thing I want to do is die in a fiery crash because I was looking down at my laptop and didn't realize that the gasoline tanker truck in front of me had stopped....

Reply by PAW on 9/15/09 7:24am
Msg #303896

Yes, there are some packages out there. For example, the DeLorme Earthmate GPS LT-40 USB GPS with Street Atlas USA 2009. I've used DeLorme maps and Earthmate years ago when I was traveling alot (RVing). It was great and long before the smaller versions that are so common today.

Reply by DogmongerCA on 9/15/09 9:04am
Msg #303904

I have used the Microsoft Streets and Trips for the last 5 years. It gives both voice and visuals cues,and has unlimited routing capabilites. It is updated once a year, and is usually 69 to 75.00 and that includes a GPS receiver.

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Streets-Trips-2009-GPS/dp/B0017KEA6W/ref=pd_cp_sw_2

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.