Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Is anyone else extremely slow this month?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2009 Index

Posted by NC_Notary on 9/9/09 6:15am
Msg #303215

I went from being consistently busy to a just about 3 appointments this week. I hope this isn't an indication of the next few months.

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 9/9/09 7:11am
Msg #303216

My phone hasn't rung, no appts.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 9/9/09 7:20am
Msg #303218

I had NO loan signing calls last week and none this week. Quite a few private-party calls, though. Those seem to come in waves.

Reply by Shana Beckford on 9/9/09 11:02am
Msg #303257

I was pretty busy last month and this month is looking up. But then again I have a full-time job and could not do 2-3 signings per day anyway.

Reply by Pierces Notary Services on 9/9/09 7:52am
Msg #303222

I haven't had a closing now for 2.5 weeks.

Reply by Shelly/PA on 9/9/09 7:57am
Msg #303224

This week is very slow is NE PA.

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 9/9/09 8:06am
Msg #303227

Sorry we are all in such a pickle. Has anyone spoken to any loan officers if anything is coming down the pike?

Reply by Linda Juenger on 9/9/09 8:21am
Msg #303228

I've done 3 this week and 3 more scheduled. This is way better than Aug was.

Reply by Yowheelz on 9/9/09 8:22am
Msg #303229

I've done a couple so far this week and have a couple more booked. All of the borrowers are complaining about how long it took to get their re-fi's processed. One I did last night had been in the works for 4 months and suddenly they called him late yesterday and said he was closing last night. They called me at 5:45 for a 8:30 closing.

Reply by ME/NJ on 9/9/09 8:29am
Msg #303230

only 2 this month refi work dead for last 3 weeks n/m

Reply by John/CT on 9/9/09 8:36am
Msg #303231

Re: extremely slow this month

Nothing last week, one this week and another for next week. I haven't seen anything like this in the ten years I been in the business. Frown

Reply by ME/NJ on 9/9/09 8:41am
Msg #303233

Shades of Aug-Sept 2007 all business came to a hault n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 9/9/09 8:44am
Msg #303234

Slowest here since I started up several years ago. August was down about 50%, but Sept. is not looking good. I'm imagining it has to do with many factors, including all the new regs.

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 9/9/09 9:06am
Msg #303239

It is dead for me this week! Did a few last week! August was bad..

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 9/9/09 10:42am
Msg #303254

Slowish, but it could be worse. Nearly everything is

same day, last minute.
Have had slow spots in the past. Has always come back
Hang in there.

Reply by oldhippie_IL on 9/9/09 11:29am
Msg #303260

Give us hope Bob!! n/m

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 9/9/09 5:21pm
Msg #303313

Re: Give us hope Bob!! OK , Here 'tis. Since this morning

I have received 5 calls from 4 different companies to schedule
signings between now and Saturday.
Wouldn't be surprised to get a call yet today for one tonite. That's
the way it has been lately.
Pretty much given up on the White Sox for this year anyway, so If I miss
watching the A's game, then I'll miss it.
Bears start Sunday. Looking forward to Jay Cutler. Eat your heart out , Denver.

Reply by Bonnie T Gray on 9/9/09 11:34am
Msg #303263

Nothing here in St. Louis yet this month. Had one call for home equity. Zip code indicated it could be up to 70 miles round trip and they offered $50. Had to say no thanks.

Reply by 101livescan on 9/9/09 12:22pm
Msg #303267

Overcast, wet, gloomy, ALAS, the phone rang for the second time today! Two signings for tomorrow. I had three yesterday, nothing so far today. You never know, get up, get dressed and pressed, ready for action....you never know when the phone will start ringing. Hope RINGS Eternal! And I'm hoping all our phones start ringing soon! I think the lenders are still trying to get their act together. With all the failing banks, we have a couple here priming up for failure, the auditors are on top of the lenders all the time. Must be pretty cramped quarters! Difficult to originate a loan with auditors crawling all over the place.

Reply by doglover/CA on 9/9/09 2:21pm
Msg #303290

It seems that it is busier in CA, at least in the Los Angeles metropolitan area where I am located. I had 9 appointments last week and 8 so far for this week. Hope people in other parts of the country get more work soon.

Reply by trnsa_IL on 9/9/09 12:17pm
Msg #303266

Definately slower than usual and many cancellations. n/m

Reply by ikando on 9/9/09 2:34pm
Msg #303291

Re: Definately slower than usual and many cancellations.

I've been getting calls asking my fee--they won't go first :-{ on what they'll offer-- then when I'm expecting a confirmation, I get a cancellation. I have nothing in my receivables for August, and September is not looking too good either.

I have noticed there are about 10 new notaries on the various lists for my area. If they're getting jobs for low pay, maybe they'll drop out and I'll be contacted again for a reasonable workable fee. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

Fortunately I don't have all my eggs in one basket. I've recently met a couple investors who are taking advantage of the market, and I'm trying to work it where I'm their contact when they have docs. Additionally, it's the time of year when people decide they need powers of attorney and wills/trusts done. I just keep my nose to the grindstone.

Reply by ChristineHI on 9/9/09 1:20pm
Msg #303273

August was good, but September has been slow. The holiday I am sure had something to do with it. I have also had a few deadbeat companies call me and also a couple of lowball calls, very lowball I must say, so I passed on those. I am hoping now that the holiday weekend is over it picks up. I have a couple set for this week, but I am ready for the phone to ring more again. Ring darnit, ring. :-)

Reply by FeliseSoCal on 9/9/09 8:45pm
Msg #303341

I'm slow, but I was slow last month as well. Not sure what's going on here in So Cal.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.