Notary Discussion History

Is the NotRot spell check while typing a new feature? n/m
Go Back to September, 2009 Index

Posted by Jim/AL on 9/19/09 4:16pm
Msg #304374

Is the NotRot spell check while typing a new feature? n/m

Reply by Jim/AL on 9/19/09 4:18pm
Msg #304375

Re: Is the NotRot spell check while typing a new feature?

Sorry, premature post, I never noticed it if it was there before, but it sure is nice to have.

Reply by Vince/KS on 9/19/09 4:53pm
Msg #304379

maybei ih ith n/m

Reply by Jim/AL on 9/19/09 5:08pm
Msg #304380

Thanks Vince, that explains it. n/m

Reply by MikeC/NY on 9/19/09 6:51pm
Msg #304385

Re: Is the NotRot spell check while typing a new feature?

There's a spell check? The only one I've ever noticed is the one provided by my browser, Firefox.

Reply by Jim/AL on 9/20/09 12:01am
Msg #304392

Mike, your right I assume...just made the move to Firefox

and was not aware that is what made the change. I do feel stupid for posting now though, lol.

Reply by MikeC/NY on 9/20/09 4:58pm
Msg #304409

Re: Mike, your right I assume...just made the move to Firefox

No need to feel stupid - you just stumbled over one of the nicer features of Firefox...

Someone here posted a message a while ago, pointing to a site that would allow you to tweak Firefox and make it faster. Do a search for that... the tweaks are easy to do and well worth the effort.

Reply by Pamela Hoyle on 9/21/09 8:31am
Msg #304437

Just a heads up on FireFox...sometimes it doesn't support some of "our" stuff that we need (i.e. DynamicDox). It may be cleared up by now, but a year or so ago, I tried to use it, but was unable to print anything from DDox using FF....

Reply by PAW on 9/21/09 9:14am
Msg #304444

Some sites require IE

Depending on the code used for any particular site, Internet Exploder may be required. Especially if the site uses the more dangerous Active-X controls. Firefox has an add-on called "IE View" which will automatically display any page you are viewing in FF, to open in IE. It also allows you to specify that a given page (URL) will always open in IE, even if launched from within FF.

IE View can be downloaded at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/35

Reply by MikeC/NY on 9/21/09 5:25pm
Msg #304516

The MLS website I have to use for my real estate business requires IE, so I just use an add-on for Firefox called IE View that loads that site in IE. Thankfully, the MLS recently announced they will be rolling out a new version that has cross-browser support - someone there finally got the message.

Reply by RickG/CA on 9/21/09 7:39pm
Msg #304531

Spiel Shaker; Eye Donut Kneed Know Smelly Spiel Shaker n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.