Notary Rotary
Loan Modification notary service
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2009 Index

Posted by ken456 on 9/1/09 4:14am
Msg #302437

What is the average cost of doing "Loan Modification" Notary service? I reside in the Maryland area?

Thanks,
Ken456

Reply by Regal/NC on 9/1/09 7:31am
Msg #302440

Application or package??

I suggest you set your fees according to the tasks required and other variables. My basic fee would vary from $75+

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 9/1/09 8:00am
Msg #302441

I agree with Regal $75.00+ I live in Maryland too. And be careful who you work for.

Reply by MW/VA on 9/1/09 10:22am
Msg #302455

Don't take loan mod apps at any price.

Reply by Prosperity on 9/2/09 4:23am
Msg #302539

I got two requests for this. Can you please explain why you think it's best we don't accept? I take the advice of you all very seriously and have accepted or rejected jobs based on your comments. Thanks.

Reply by MW/VA on 9/2/09 8:34am
Msg #302551

There has been extensive discussion on this forum about loan modification applications. Most of the companies doing these are a scam. I suggest you use the orange search button & research some of the threads. Try searching 21st Central Legal Services.
There is a major distinction between loan modifications & loan modification applications. If you're asked to do an app (no notary work involved) & collect large checks upfront--this is the scam. Most states have created laws making this kind of transaction illegal.

Reply by Riley/FL on 9/2/09 9:01am
Msg #302555

I have done a few loan mod applications without collecting any checks. If it is clearly stated on the cover letter to the applicant that there is no fee charged to apply, I would do them. They usually pay around $75 and you get the closing if it goes through. Also, if I get the docs after accepting and they want money now or later, I give it back. Just be careful and check out who you work for.

Reply by Riley/FL on 9/2/09 9:01am
Msg #302556

I have done a few loan mod applications without collecting any checks. If it is clearly stated on the cover letter to the applicant that there is no fee charged to apply, I would do them. They usually pay around $75 and you get the closing if it goes through. Also, if I get the docs after accepting and they want money now or later, I give it back. Just be careful and check out who you work for.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.