Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Looking for Info on Fidelity National Legal Svcs.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2009 Index

Posted by Neely Enterprises, Inc. - Katrina on 9/3/09 3:05pm
Msg #302805

Has anyone ever worked with these folks? Can't find much info. about them. They contacted me today. just wondering if they pay etc. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Reply by CopperheadVA on 9/3/09 3:09pm
Msg #302807

Yes, we've heard of them - been discussed at length here...

Do a search with the orange search button on the "Notary Talk" page. Fidelity National is an AKA for 21st Century Legal Services. Their pay-up-front services are illegal in many states, including my state of VA.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 9/3/09 3:11pm
Msg #302808

To see how they pay, take a look at the notary comments

that are listed in Signing Central on this website. They are listed under the 21st Century name.

Reply by John/CT on 9/3/09 4:21pm
Msg #302813

Check out the "SCAM ALERT on the GMN board ... n/m

Reply by CopperheadVA on 9/3/09 5:24pm
Msg #302824

Oh yes, that was very interesting!!! n/m

Reply by Teesha Groen on 9/3/09 5:02pm
Msg #302819

Beware of this company. Lots of Scams and unhappy people. I refuse to close anything for Fidelity national Legal Services. check them out on the Better Business Bureu they rcvd. an "F "for their rating.

Reply by jonpa on 9/3/09 10:10pm
Msg #302841

I got a call from them, I point blank asked if this is in any connection to 21st Century....He said "no." I know he was lying and I refused to do the loan mod. He still emailed the docs begging me to do it. I was reading on the docs that the customer must pay $1,095.00 non-refundable app. fee. Then they wanted 5 post dated checks. I call the person I was to meet, he known nothing about the $1,095.00 nor the post dated checks. He said he was only told he needed one check. I also advised him to go to www.bb.org and check them out. He called me back about 20 minutes later and he THANKED me for the information. He said I just might have saved him his home and money. I told him I was glad to help.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 9/4/09 2:45am
Msg #302848

It's not your job to give advice to the borrower.

If you don't want the job, don't take it. It's that simple.

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 9/4/09 7:09am
Msg #302849

I'd have done the same as you, Jon

While ordinarily I would agree that we should drive in our own lane, I think this specific situation is anything BUT ordinary and calls for out-of-the-ordinary actions. I would think suggesting the BBB would be a good measure to plant a seed in the potential victim's mind, while holding yourself pretty safe. I would think - but I'm not an atty!

What is on the paperwork that they send - is there any private information at all (like SS numbers?), or is it all left to be filled out? I'm wondering because this seems like a standard practice for them, sending documents to notaries who have DECLINED the job - which might open a new can of worms for them.

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/4/09 10:20am
Msg #302873

Renee', even if you had already

declined the job, would you also open the docs and look at them?

I'm still mulling this over. It seems like an invasion of privacy to me. It was invasive to send them to the notary and yes, the scheduler was wrong to send the documents without permission. But, to go ahead and open and look at the documents seems like peeping where you ought not if you don't want to be a party to it.

I vote for hitting the delete when you've already declined a job. It keeps your nose just a little cleaner that way.

Notaries are all over the place on what they do in these situations. Like I said, I'm still thinking this over to find the right place to land on this one.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 9/4/09 10:36am
Msg #302875

Re: Renee', even if you had already....Brenda

The two mod apps I had with 21st had absolutely NO information about the borrower except name and contact info in the confirmation - all the forms were blank - instructions were the borrower was to fill in the top of the forms only (they'd be completed at a later date as the modification negotiation process progressed), sign and return with the post-dated checks and supporting documentation. Absolutely no privacy issues at all.

Reply by Philip Johnson on 9/4/09 10:47am
Msg #302877

Just say no and hang up the phone.

For all of you avengers out there, your need to save someone is going to come back and bite you very hard. In this case I believe that the old axiom of no good deed goes unpunished rings very true.

Soon we will see someone coming on telling us how they got a summons to explain their actions and the crowd will all say in disbelief "how can this be, they are evil'?

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/4/09 12:23pm
Msg #302887

Philip, that's what I am thinking.

*In this case I believe that the old axiom of no good deed goes unpunished rings very true. *

I have a lot of influence on my thinking by having worked with lawyers over the years.

Taking on liability that is not required is kind of like going into the hospital these days for an elective surgery....chances are that everything will go just fine...but there's also a chance that it will not.

Okay...I've said enough about that.

Reply by John/CT on 9/4/09 3:41pm
Msg #302922

But don't just hang up ...

or say mean and nasty things to the scheduler. Most likely ... at least IMHO ... they are just trying to do their job, and have no clue about what's going on.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.