Notary Rotary
Marketing Tip
Notary Discussion History

Marketing Tip
Go Back to September, 2009 Index

Posted by Shoshana/AZ on 9/5/09 9:13pm
Msg #303006

Marketing Tip

Do check with your local FedEx/Kinkos to see if they will refer you for jobs. I consistently get referrals from them.

Reply by Roger_OH on 9/5/09 9:35pm
Msg #303008

Many FedEx stores no longer offering notary services...

since early summer as a result of the huge lawsuit judgement against them.

Definitely worth contacting them and offering yourself as a mobile notary alternative. They are happy to have someone to refer their customers to.

Reply by roxierox/TX on 9/6/09 10:55am
Msg #303022

Re: Many FedEx stores no longer offering notary services...

This is wonderful news. Thanks for sharing!!!

Reply by bhb/VA on 9/6/09 3:25pm
Msg #303039

We spoke to the manage of our local FedEx location several months ago. They will not refer their customers. I guess it's a liability issue.

Reply by Laura_V on 9/7/09 9:50am
Msg #303058

UPS stores, too

I get lots of referrals from the local UPS store.

I can supply witnesses for Wills, etc. The store owner doesn't because she can make more money by having her employees selling UPS services, boxes, etc.

Also she doesn't have a notary seal embosser, which is required in some situations.

I refer clients to her when I am booked, busy doing something else, or out of town. She is a better notary than the ones at FedEx or the paycheck loan places.

I stop by her UPS store every couple of months to drop off more business cards.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 9/7/09 11:17am
Msg #303068

Re: UPS stores, too

Not here. They grab every piece of business they can get and then some.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.