Notary Rotary
Marketing directly to local Title Cos?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2009 Index

Posted by SGPDX on 9/24/09 7:10pm
Msg #304907

Has anyone had any success with their business marketing directly to local title companies? I was thinking about giving it a try. Of course, they have on sight notaries and normally sign in the office, but I'm wondering if anyone has had success with this, and if so, how you went about marketing yourself.

Thanks for any words of wisdom!

SGPDX

Reply by Michelle/AL on 9/24/09 9:01pm
Msg #304930

I have not had much success using direct marketing to local Title Cos but many have posted in the past about what they did that worked. I would suggest that you search past postings using "marketing" and "title" in the search fields. I think you're going to find some helpful information. Also look-up the newbie thread #33325 (I hope I have that right). There's information there too. Good luck.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 9/25/09 8:45am
Msg #304990

I marketed directly to local tc's for 6 years.
Only recently have I had any success, with 2 local tc's.
Recently because (I think) so many of the local tc's went out of business, and the few
left standing downsized, and due to the recent short-sale purchases, need a little help.
The trick is to find the tcs who are working with the motivated realtors in short sales. IMO.

Reply by Laura_V on 9/25/09 10:38am
Msg #305009

Tips for getting work from local TCs

Visit their office without making an appointment. Do NOT call ahead.

Go when they are slow, around the 8th or 18th of the month.

Go around 3:15pm. Take warm brownies fresh from your oven. Use a mix and swirl in some cream cheese. 3:15pm is "resistance is futile" time.

Ask to see the office manager and give her the brownies on a throw-away or paper plate and a bunch of business cards.

Repeat once a month. Skip December.

If you don't get work after the third delivery, forget them.

"I'll call you" means the same thing as when young men told you this when you were dating - it means nothing unless the phone rings.

Good luck!
LauraV

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.