Notary Rotary
Memories of this day in history.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2009 Index

Posted by Jim/AL on 9/11/09 12:12pm
Msg #303525

I know this is probably not the forum to post this, and I guess you can report me.

Just wanted to take a moment to count our blessings, say a prayer and remember all the innocent victims and families/friends of victims of the attack on OUR UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

God bless them all.

Reply by 101livescan on 9/11/09 12:19pm
Msg #303528

Freedom is not free. Remember this day in History, one of the largest catastrophes to occur in America. I remember it every year like it was yesterday, my father chose this day in 2007 to ascend to heaven, a 30-year Naval Veteran, he was the die hard American who served this country in two wars. 911 was a huge devastation for him. Bless all those families who lost loved ones on 9112001.

Reply by ikando on 9/11/09 2:15pm
Msg #303552

Cheryl, my condolences on the passing of your father. My dad went home the week of the Murrah Building bombing. I always say he went to take care of the babies lost from that day care center.

Reply by 101livescan on 9/11/09 2:33pm
Msg #303555

Our fathers, who are in heaven, we were blessed to have them as long as we did! My father took his American flag out every day and flew it up the tall flag pole in the front yard, brought it down every evening at sunset. He was a true patriotic and hated our Middle East conflicts.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 9/11/09 12:30pm
Msg #303530

We attended the 911 ceremonies here in Gilbert this AM. My husband worked in the South Tower 1973-1978.
What's really exciting is that at our request our Fire Chief is going to NY to pick up one of the pieces of steel that the Port Authority is giving away for FREE! There is going to be a 911 memorial erected at the Civic Center.
As Cheryl said, Freedom isn't free.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 9/11/09 1:44pm
Msg #303543

I never saw my husband cry like he did that day and the days after. Losing that many Firemen Brothers to him was very hard. Our fire dept also has a "piece" of history from the towers.

Our elementary school had a service this morning in front of the flag pole. Hubby was proud to wear his dress uniform and drive a firetruck there. He still gets emotional just thinking of that day.

Our day in 2001 was terrible. We owned 6 gas stations at that time. Lines were blocks long. People were scared, worried and nothing could calm them. All phone lines for the credit/debit card machines were jammed from people all over the country trying to use them. I did them all by hand manually. It took me the entire next day to process them all. I had to call in extra employees at each station to handle all the people. Finally about 10pm, we shut down completely. We had had enough. People were yelling and screaming at us. They wouldn't listen to reason at all. It was awful. I had 2 people arrested for trying to put gasoline in unapproved containers like soda bottles, milk jugs, etc etc. Looking back, I can't blame them for they like the rest of us didn't have a clue what was happening or going to happen. Don't shoot me for saying this, but I should have raised my gas prices at least a nickle. Some raised them too much and gouged people which I could never do, but a nickle would have covered my costs of bringing in extra employees. At the time I honestly didn't even think about it. I was as scared as everyone else was.

Gods blessings to all who lost loved ones that Sept day. We will never forget.

Reply by PAW on 9/11/09 1:37pm
Msg #303539

I was working for Chase at that time. Some days at the Water Street office (down the street from the Towers) and some days at the Florida Highlands office. Thankfully, I was in Florida on that day, but half of our department was in NYC. We were on a conference call when all that took place. Our Florida team, including myself, was so dumbfounded and in disbelief. I still remember it like it was yesterday. (I received my Florida notary commission on 9/11/2001. Certainly a day that is embedded in my mind.)

Reply by Keystone_SA on 9/11/09 1:45pm
Msg #303544

This day never leaves my mind. We all took time to close our eyes and say a prayer for all those lost on that devastating day. God Bless Them All.

Reply by MW/VA on 9/11/09 1:45pm
Msg #303545

It is, indeed, a day of Memorial for the horrific events of 9-11-2001. I will never get the images that I viewed on TV out of my mind. It was utter disbelief.
Prayers go out to all the victims & their families.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 9/11/09 1:57pm
Msg #303548

There are still no words for the catastrophic events of that day; nor are there enough thanks for the heroes of that day. Just a simple God bless them and their families.

Reply by Jones - Chelley on 9/11/09 2:49pm
Msg #303560

My Brother is a Chaplin serving in Iraq...when I hear people question why we are there...I am amazed. They say women forget the pain they have in childbirth...I find this to be true. However, when I remember the agony and sorrow of our nation...and the "birth of tyranny in America" on 9-11...it is a pain I will never forget. Remember the pledge, "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all." This is why we are fighting in Iraq.

Reply by Jayhawk/KS on 9/11/09 3:12pm
Msg #303567

I remember that day as you all do. But unfortunately a few weeks later, in November I was forced to be in NYC for 16 days. I was scheduled to sing with a group at Carnegie Hall. Our date had been "on the books" for months in advance and no amount of convincing could change their minds. I had already purchased plane tickets and they were non-refundable. Having grown up in NY state, and not having been back since 1967, I was looking forward to seeing the twin towers, and seeing sights I had seen as a child, now thru adult eyes. I saw those things, from the outside, as an adult. Everything was closed, the city was shrouded in mourning. Such deep devastation. As I walked the streets, trying to take it all in, I'd stop and pray at churches I passed, praying for peace for our country and the world. I came back from that trip a changed person. I've been back to NYC twice since then, but that trip changed me forever. You can't see what some can do to others and not be changed. We just have to pray for a peaceful time and for the families whose lives were changed forever by the tragedies of that day, not just those in NYC but those around the U.S.

Reply by MW/VA on 9/11/09 3:45pm
Msg #303580

Let's not forget that the Pentagon & the flight that went down in PA were also a huge part of this.
Somehow, NYC is all we seem to focus on.

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 9/11/09 9:14pm
Msg #303622

The Albany NY museum has a great 911 display. ( Albany is the state capitol) There is a timeline of the events and it is surreal to see what transpired in minutes!! Jaw dropping! If you are ever in area it will be something that you will never forget! I go see it often..I have family in the area there!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.