Notary Rotary
Must Vent.............
Notary Discussion History

Must Vent.............
Go Back to September, 2009 Index

Posted by oldhippie_IL on 9/24/09 7:36pm
Msg #304909

Must Vent.............

Lost two signings tonight, due to "Yahoo". Couldn't pull docs. URRRRRRRRRG!!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 9/24/09 7:50pm
Msg #304910

We've had a lot of problems with Yahoo lately

thankfully not right at the time I need to pull docs - that's gone okay so far (knock on wood).

Maybe there's something to be said for having an alternate e-mail account.

Reply by Bonnie Frederikson on 9/24/09 7:52pm
Msg #304911

Yep..........good idea.

I could get myself in the butt now for NOT having one!

Reply by jba/fl on 9/24/09 8:00pm
Msg #304913

Re: Yep..........good idea. Takes just a couple of minutes t

to get one at hotmail. Don't know about others. Do it now - peace of mind thing.

Reply by jba/fl on 9/24/09 8:08pm
Msg #304915

6 mins to get gmail - only because I can't read those

crooked letters all scrunched up.

Now, since I only plan to use as a back up account, does anyone know if I don't use it will it go away after a certain period of time? Hotmail does that - don't use in 30 days, it is gone and you have to re-register.

Anyone? TIA

Reply by Linda Juenger on 9/24/09 8:17pm
Msg #304921

Re: 6 mins to get gmail - only because I can't read those

I have 4 email accts. I like gmail the best, then yahoo, then my local provider.

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 9/24/09 10:59pm
Msg #304943

I have 4 email accounts and usually forward from yahoo, all loan documents to my "gmail account"
I like the ease the documents open in gmail.

Reply by ll/La on 9/24/09 8:18pm
Msg #304923

Lately my cox account won't open the attachments. I signed up for an aol account and forward the emails that won't open to my aol account.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 9/25/09 6:44am
Msg #304956

Gmail does not go away

I have a particular Gmail account that I created in 2005 and rarely use and probably haven't signed into it for more than a year - I just signed into it and it's still there.

Reply by jba/fl on 9/25/09 9:20am
Msg #304997

Thanks for checking that Copperhead - Appreciate! n/m

Reply by PAW on 9/25/09 8:17am
Msg #304976

Not just one

I suggest have two free backup accounts, with DIFFERENT providers. I have a Yahoo account and a Gmail account, both for backup just in case. So far, knock on wood, I have only needed the second backup (Yahoo) once in the past 10 years or so. There are many providers for free email. Make sure they allow for emails with large attachments.

For those who have their own websites, I also suggest that you may want to set up an FTP account that lenders and title companies can use to upload document files directly to you, by passing any email problems you may be having.

Reply by RickG/CA on 9/24/09 8:26pm
Msg #304924

Sorry about the loss...that's why I left yahoo and started

using gmail and I've never looked back. I have it setup to get message on my phone as well as laptop using MS Outlook. I don't like to use either systems webmail and yahoo's free service doesn' t let you get messages from outside sources (phone/computer). I still have the yahoo address and go thru now and then to clean it out, but for the most part I use the gmail account.

Reply by Philip Johnson on 9/24/09 8:27pm
Msg #304925

Bet it wasn't Yahoo. I bet it was your browser.

Load Firefox and IE on your machine and I bet you'll have your problems solved.

Reply by Todd/OH on 9/25/09 8:11am
Msg #304975

I've had very few problems with Yahoo n/m

Reply by John/CT on 9/24/09 8:47pm
Msg #304928

I gave up using "free" mail services long ago ...

All you need is just one crash & burn experience ... in my case it was usa.com. I've never had a reliability issue since switching to my ISP mail service (cox.net).

Reply by oldhippie_IL on 9/24/09 9:19pm
Msg #304931

I'm so confused!

I have Firefox also. Wouldn't open with either of them. From what everyone is saying, I will try GMail?

Reply by Philip Johnson on 9/24/09 9:28pm
Msg #304933

You may want to go to Godaddy and get a dedicated email acct

Get a professional name like [e-mail address]. Mine has never gone down in over 5 years, plus you can forward it to various other services to have a backup.

Reply by Stamper_WI on 9/25/09 7:21am
Msg #304961

gmail has problems too

Went down in the last week
I have my charter account and kept the one at aol as backup. You can get a free on there that accomodates large attachments. I rarely have to use it though.

Reply by ikando on 9/25/09 4:33pm
Msg #305055

Re: You may want to go to Godaddy and get a dedicated email acct

I agree with Phillip. Having an email [e-mail address] is more professional appearing. And the cost, whether through GoDaddy or another domain provider, is really small and a business expense for tax purposes.

Reply by Laura_V on 9/25/09 10:06am
Msg #305004

Yahoo driving me nuts, too

Now when I write an email more than a couple of sentences, I hit save as draft frequently.

But I don't dare change my email address. I've spent years plastering it all over the internet.

And I like Yahoo far better than my email account with my other domain name. That company is about as sophisticated as an etch a sketch. But it lets me embed photos in the body of the message without html, so I'm stuck. Gotta have that sometimes.

Thank goodness I now have all clients bring docs to me or FedEx them. I've had it with edocs and TCs. pita

Vent vent vent vent

Reply by Jones - Chelley on 9/25/09 4:00pm
Msg #305045

You can use my email account...is it too late to get them back????

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.