Notary Rotary
Not sure if it's gmail or other . . . SOS
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2009 Index

Posted by BEEJ on 9/14/09 4:23pm
Msg #303852

When I log onto gmail I do not get a full screen. It now shows up in the upper left corner as a small box approx. 3" by 2" . When I scroll to left and select older version I can get full screen, but I don't want to do this all the time. TYIA for any suggestions. What did I do to create this monster. YIKES!

Reply by davidK/CA on 9/14/09 4:37pm
Msg #303856

I have had the same problem recently. Use the elevator arrow on the right side of the box and scroll down and select "use older version". Are you using Chrome? Try Firefox instead until Google fixes the problem with their Gmail Labs.

Reply by BEEJ on 9/14/09 7:18pm
Msg #303861

David, Thank you for your input. I thought I mentioned that I was scrolling and using "older version" in my last message. I connect with Firefox server and Gmail is one of my mail providers. I'm not sure if I have "Chrome." While we're on the subject, how do I go about checking to see which version of Firefox I'm currently using. ---Again, TIA

Reply by PAW on 9/14/09 7:29pm
Msg #303862

Checking Firefox version ...

>>> ... how do I go about checking to see which version of Firefox I'm currently using. <<<

Click on "Help" in the top menu bar. Select "About Mozilla Firefox" and it will display the version you are using. The latest version is 3.5.3.

Reply by BEEJ on 9/14/09 7:39pm
Msg #303864

Re: Checking Firefox version ...

Thanks Paul. I'm using 3.0.14. I'm sure it is very old, but I'm a firm believer if it's not broke don't mess with it. I just fixed my other problem by rebooting. Now, mysteriously gmail comes up as full screen. It must be my magical touch. Thanks again.

Reply by davidK/CA on 9/14/09 7:47pm
Msg #303865

Current version is 3.5.3 so you should update, (Help-Check for Updates) but even with the latest version I continue to have frequent "hangs" with Gmail. Turning off "Labs" sometimes helps but not permanently.

Reply by BEEJ on 9/14/09 8:36pm
Msg #303868

Okay, I just downloaded 3.5.3 version and had to updade Adobe Reader to 9 version, Whew, glad that's done. Now what is "labs?"

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.