Notary Rotary
POA Oregon Refinance
Notary Discussion History

POA Oregon Refinance
Go Back to September, 2009 Index

Posted by ZoeyOR on 9/15/09 4:10pm
Msg #303965

POA Oregon Refinance

I am doing a BofA refi for a handicapped person who has a POA. Since I have not done a POA yet at all, need a few pointers.

Reply by MW/VA on 9/15/09 4:27pm
Msg #303968

POA signings aren't difficult, but can take a little longer due to the amount of signage that needs to be done. Generally, the lender has approved the POA and the tc has the original copy. Sometimes you are instructed to pick up the original, sometimes a copy. The instructions are usually spelled out for you by the tc. Any questions, call them. Signing is usually "John Doe by Jane Doe, attorney in fact"'
initials would be "JD by JD, aif". I usually make up a little "cheat sheet" to give the borrower--it helps.
Again, you are usually provided with specific instructions.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 9/15/09 4:56pm
Msg #303975

Also, refer to your notary handbook for proper notarial procedure - do you include the capacity in your certs, can the AIF take an oath on behalf of the principal, what's the proper cert to use in this situation.

Good Luck!!

Reply by Ellen Therese Franger on 9/15/09 7:20pm
Msg #303987

So the job canceled- what is your customary charge for print-fee?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 9/15/09 7:45pm
Msg #303989

Did you make an agreement with them in advance regarding your fee if it was a no-sign or rescinded? Since it canceled they may pay you nothing if they didn't agree to pay anything when they assigned it.

I'd bill them my print fee ($25-$35 depending on the package) and travel if I went there and it was a no-sign....my no-sign fee is 50% of the agreed fee

MHO

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.