Notary Rotary
POA crazy.. what is going on
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2009 Index

Posted by ME/NJ on 9/8/09 11:43am
Msg #303139

Since the last week of August I've had 9 POAs for people in hospitals or going into nursing homes. Plus 2 wills in all the years of being a notary I have never had such rush like this for regular notary work.

Reply by Michelle/AL on 9/8/09 11:53am
Msg #303140

It's typical for me around the first of each month.

I don't get it either. It's as if there's some "legal" cycle out there that I know nothing about. Good for you for getting the business. Perhaps someone in your area who HAD been doing them stopped.

Reply by ikando on 9/8/09 11:58am
Msg #303144

Re: It's typical for me around the first of each month.

I've noticed the trend for POAs and wills, any personal documents really, flows with the holidays when families get together.

Another thing I'm seeing is requests for adoption paperwork and releases for kids' sports activities.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 9/8/09 11:54am
Msg #303141

COD is nice, eh? n/m

Reply by ME/NJ on 9/8/09 11:57am
Msg #303143

Heck yeah.. gas, lunch, fun money

People say when the do a search for local notary on the net I come up #2 and #1 does not seem to exist.

Hospitals around here will no longer provide notary service, I think that has helped out alot.

Reply by ikando on 9/8/09 12:01pm
Msg #303145

Re: Heck yeah.. gas, lunch, fun money

I've also noticed the hospitals and a lot of nursing homes don't want their employees acting as witnesses.

I recently did a POA at the hospital and a patient in the next room who was waiting to be released came to be a witness. She was from a small town and thought the idea of being mobile with her notary commission might be something to offer there. I told her she could contact me if she had any questions or help.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 9/8/09 12:06pm
Msg #303148

Car titles and the online Traffic School exams are big in AZ.

Reply by ME/NJ on 9/8/09 12:09pm
Msg #303149

That seems to be a big thing in PA I get calls from PA folks

When they buy a car or boat in my area.

Reply by mwm143 on 9/8/09 1:04pm
Msg #303156

What are people willing to pay for your travel?

NC maximum notary fee is $5.00. I would think a travel fee of $20.00 to go to a hospital would be barely worth it when you consider it could easily take more than an hour by the time you deal with parking decks, elevator waiting and half mile hikes to a patients room. Anymore than $25.00 seems high for the service. Just curious what people are willing to pay.

Reply by ME/NJ on 9/8/09 1:17pm
Msg #303160

45-50 for POA, Medical Record run etc (local run)

Figure with round trip travel and the signing its an hour of time. Wills are more $$

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/8/09 1:23pm
Msg #303161

Re: What are people willing to pay for your travel?

You have to charge what it is worth to you to do it. What they are willing to pay might not be profitable. Just my nickel on the subject.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.