Notary Rotary
Pacific Documents/Paul Gambs
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2009 Index

Posted by Bill/Indy on 9/30/09 7:02pm
Msg #305746

Late last week he called me for a loan mod (not a RESPA) and offered a fair fee. Not realizing exactly who I was talking to, I accepted the job. Later, in my office, when I looked at the confirmation I realized who I was dealing with. I immediately politely emailed him declining the job, apologized for my backing out on him, and said I would be watching the "boards" to see if in six months or so his payments had improved. He called me, offered prepayment via PayPal if I would do the job. I accepted. We both delivered as promised. I furthered offered to keep on working with him under the same rules. We will see how it goes, but so far so good. He was a pleasure to talk to on the phone.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 9/30/09 10:16pm
Msg #305758

Well.... tell your new pal "Hi" from all the dozens and dozens of notaries he's cheated out of their fees over the years (including me).

Reply by Bill/Indy on 9/30/09 10:43pm
Msg #305761

Nope, don't think I'll do that. But I will thank YOU and all the other good folks who post here for saving me a lot of grief with bad debts by posting their collection problems with signing companies.

Reply by davidK/CA on 9/30/09 11:06pm
Msg #305763

Be sure to add to the payment the fee that PayPal will charge you for collecting the funds. Also be aware that PayPal transfers are not final, as they can under circumstances be canceled or withdrawn by the sender. If that happens and you have already withdrawn/spent the money you would have to payback the funds to PayPal. It's probably better than receiving an NSF check, but it's not a solution to a serious non-payment history.

Reply by jba/fl on 10/1/09 12:01am
Msg #305765

Someone sent me paypal payment to my email address and when I collected there was no charge for the service. But, it did take them 5 days to transfer to my account. That is 5 days it could have been called back I think.

Reply by MW/VA on 10/1/09 8:46am
Msg #305788

I've insisted on PayPal payments upfront from a couple of the bad rep cos. I was never charged a fee but I think they have to pay a fee. IMO it's the only way to go with companies who can't get their act together in the payment department. COD has been around for years and always applies to people who don't pay their bills.

Reply by Todd/OH on 10/1/09 8:54am
Msg #305790

He is nothin' but a snake in my book n/m

Reply by A S Johnson on 10/1/09 9:19am
Msg #305797

Thank you and ALL who will work like you. You keep these low ball and bad pay "people" in business.
Your being so short sighted are costing we "professonals" $$$. Think of this, these pepole many times work for those title/escrow/lender who think that "notaries are the lowest of the low and they can throw "crumbs" at us and we will be thankfull.
I hope you understand that, all you are doing is making it so ALL Notaries can be low balled and slow paid if paid at all.

Reply by JulieD/KS on 10/1/09 3:46pm
Msg #305851

I agree with A.S. Johnson. I was never stiffed by Sox, but because of the dozens of folks on this and other notary forums, I turned them down EACH and EVERY time they called me. Furthermore, I told them not to call me again until they'd paid all their notaries.
I am another one who Paul Gambs tried to stiff...although my collection procedures are pretty harsh and he did pay me...but I sure wouldn't be accepting work from him knowing what I know now. And, I'd tell him why. Pay your notaries Paul, or go out of business.

Reply by A S Johnson on 10/1/09 9:25am
Msg #305798

An example is thw second post below, $75 for a Reverse Mortgage. My point made.
Think about this, $75 for e-signd. You still have to print some docs to be wet signed. You most likely need an "air card" around $60 an month and a "good" laptop.

Reply by MW/VA on 10/1/09 9:35am
Msg #305802

I agree with you. Unfortunately, there are notaries out there that aren't worth even $75.
I don't take the low-ball fees, work for the bad ss, or put up with a lot of nonsense. I earn my fee by the quality of work I provide.

Reply by Sallie on 10/1/09 3:42pm
Msg #305849

He hasn't turned a new leaf. Been waiting for my pay for the last 2 month. He is so polite and so is the gal who answers the phone. But their tone of voice changes the minute you ask about an explanation as to why I haven't gotten paid.

Be aware his newest line is the Paypay quote...or he will resend the check...

Reply by Dana McKinney on 10/20/09 11:29am
Msg #307903

I Recently accepted an assignment from Mr. Gambs, and was paid promtly also, using Pay Pal. I keep very accurate records of all my signings, and do not let them go past a certain point. Also, If there is a company on here that I researched, I always tell them they have negative feedback on the notary forums, and I require pre-payment. Seems to work.

Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.