Notary Rotary
Professional Settlements
Notary Discussion History

Professional Settlements
Go Back to September, 2009 Index

Posted by blueheron/FL on 9/5/09 10:54am
Msg #302984

Professional Settlements

I'm curious as to why there are no comments on this company. Has anyone worked with them ??? a/k/a Professional Settlement Services or PSS Closings

Reply by GWest on 9/5/09 11:20am
Msg #302988

I just completed a signing with Professional Settlement Services, aka Professional Settlements out of Costa Mesa, CA. Signing completed 8/18/09 and received check yesterday.

Reply by Kay/IL on 9/5/09 11:24am
Msg #302989

I've done one closing for them several months ago. They are quite nice and pay promptly. Only thing is that is when they contact me about other assignments, there always seems to be a conflict in schedule.

PSS and I will get it together Wink

Reply by MW/VA on 9/5/09 12:23pm
Msg #302991

They are listed in Signing Central. It's confusing because it lists "no comments" at the top of the page (meaning no data on co.), but there are comments listed below in the member comment section.

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 9/5/09 4:25pm
Msg #302998

Re: Professional Settlements which one?

This post is linked to a company NOT located in Costa Mesa CA. Please be sure you are posting about the actual company under discussion. So which is it? Costa Mesa or Orlando ?

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 9/5/09 4:32pm
Msg #302999

OR Ohio??? there are several with this name

Reply by LKT/CA on 9/5/09 7:14pm
Msg #303003

A continuous irritating problem here.....

and other forums. People ask or post comments about a generic named company with no other differentiating info. I suppose they think we're all clairvoyant and KNOW which ABC SS/TC they are referring to. Unfortunately, at some point a favorable post meant for a 5 star company will get linked to a deadbeat company with the same name and unsuspecting Notaries will end up working for free. Or the reverse may happen and a good company will get slandered unnecessarily.

Sorry, but I just sold my crystal ball, therefore....PLEASE IDENTIFY THE COMPANY YOU POST ABOUT - with at LEAST the city and state. If you have the full address AND phone AND website AND contact name - that would be most helpful to those who aren't psychic.

Disclaimer: Capitalizations ARE for SHOUTING purposes!!!!!

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/6/09 12:53pm
Msg #303032

The subject should have a current date, office number

owner name if possible, then we know how current the info is, what office, who owns the business and phone number. This would help a lot, I seldom read the boards anymore and have personal knowledge from many of the hiring entities and have decided for the most part to take a gamble at least once with a new company. I've always been able to collect 100 % of all owed fees. But this accurate and additional information would help to define who is who, I agree LKT/CA.

Reply by blueheron/FL on 9/7/09 11:04pm
Msg #303106

Re: The subject should have a current date, office number

I didn't have a lot of information of the company because they originally contacted me by text message and followed with a brief phone call. Because I would not accept the fee they were offering, they said they would have to get approval of my requested fee and call me back on Tuesday, am. I don't have a confirmation or any other instructions yet. I realize now from the forum comments, that it must be the company in Orlando, FL. Thanks for your input.

Reply by MW/VA on 9/6/09 10:06am
Msg #303015

They said "Professional Settlement Services". I see only one company with that name.

Reply by blueheron/FL on 9/7/09 10:49pm
Msg #303103

Thanks everyone for your comments on PSS. However, I was seeking comments on PSS in Orlando, Fl.

Reply by NCLisa on 9/6/09 9:55pm
Msg #303046

The PSS that I used to work for switched to an email request system a couple years ago, the first notary to respond got the job. They did mostly purchases here, and wanted to pay no more than $85 to $90 for the closings. For that fee, they wanted to go to closing at real estate agents office, go to ROD and record, then go back to real estates office and disburse checks. So not worth it at all. I asked to be removed from their list about a year ago.

Reply by blueheron/FL on 9/7/09 10:56pm
Msg #303105

This sounds like PSS in Orlando, FL. They contacted me by text message on cell. I was at a signing so I could not return the call promptly and thought they reassigned it. They called later and did offer $85. - which I refused so they said they would have to call back. That's why I asked the forum. They are supposed to call back tomorrow, Tuesday am, because of the holiday. Appreciate the info - will help me make a decision.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.