Notary Rotary
Shipping Supplies
Notary Discussion History

Shipping Supplies
Go Back to September, 2009 Index

Posted by Tily on 9/28/09 5:29pm
Msg #305468

Shipping Supplies

I'm not sure what supplies in need to request from UPS and Fedex. Can anyone please provide me with a list of what I will need to carry with me for loan signings? I've heard of the following, but I'm not totally clear on this. Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

UPS
Express Reusable Envelope - Legal

Fedex
USA Airbill (what is an airbill)
Domestic Airbill Pouch
Reusable Envelope

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 9/28/09 5:43pm
Msg #305469

I never carry shipping supplies to a signing. I carry my journal, (black and blue) pens, spare acks and jurats, my seal, a copy of my state handbook and a rubber finger.
As for shipping I also have letter size envelopes too.

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 9/28/09 5:53pm
Msg #305470

I carry shipping supplies in my car should I need to drop a package same day and in my office.
UPS will limit your order and you need account numbers to place an order. (I believe)
You need
UPS
shipping labels/they are called airbills (domestic)
Letter and legal envelopes (reusable)
Plastic pouches

as for FEDEX you will need the same thing.

Reply by jba/fl on 9/28/09 6:46pm
Msg #305473

Express Reusable Envelope - Legal - That is a cardboard legal envelope that can be used again.

Reply by jba/fl on 9/28/09 6:51pm
Msg #305475

Tily: it looks like you signed up today -

Now you need to put some info about yourself in your profile - that is your billboard, your message as to why you should get the business when hiring entities are looking in your area. When you have nothing there, you are saying nothing about what and who you are, etc., and you culd be passed over.

Whatever you do, don't copy anyone else's profile, but do take a look at a few and see what I am talking about. That will give you some ideas, but talk about you - not another for example.

Reply by Lee/AR on 9/28/09 7:31pm
Msg #305480

Orange Search Button: Message # 33325 is a goldmine. n/m

Reply by Sarah/CA on 9/28/09 7:58pm
Msg #305483

The airbill is the form that has the address of where you are sending the docs to plus return address and how it is getting shipped etc. (usually priority overnight but always check to see how they want it sent.) You will see at the top next to FedEx it says US Airbill. It has four copies and is put inside the plastic pouch on the outside of the Fedex envelope. I always carry a few of these with me plus some envelopes in my trunk. I have noticed that Fedex does not keep the plastic pouches sitting around anymore. You have to ask for them which they will gladly give you. They said they were trying to make the work desks look neater. I sometimes pick up some at the Fedex box near me too just to have on hand.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 9/28/09 8:11pm
Msg #305484

Do yourself a favor and do a search in this forum for the

word "chargeback". The info will save you some future headaches.

Reply by MW/VA on 9/28/09 9:44pm
Msg #305496

Re: Do yourself a favor and do a search in this forum for the

Agree. There are several types of UPS Next Day Airbills. I don't use the ones for early am delivery.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.