Notary Rotary
Snyder Law Firm Loan Mod Request?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2009 Index

Posted by Christine Hall on 9/22/09 2:24pm
Msg #304584

Just got another loan mod call from Snyder Law Firm whom I have never heard of, asked me to do a loan mod with huge upfront fees to the borrower. They tried to make it sound like something different when they called but after reviewing the docs and the "audio clip" instructions (new to me) it was obviously another loan mod scam. Turned it back in and said illegal in MN. Anybody heard of this company? I do not have a city/state just 866-428-8098 and web site is snyderattorneyatlaw.com.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 9/22/09 2:32pm
Msg #304591

Christine
See previous thread - American Home Protection Service

Reply by Christine Hall on 9/22/09 2:44pm
Msg #304595

Thanks Sylvia, I missed that post. n/m

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 9/22/09 2:44pm
Msg #304594

Well, if you go to their website it is "parked free courtesy of GoDaddy.com" and that toll free number has only been in service since this sometime this year.

Reply by jojo_MN on 9/22/09 3:01pm
Msg #304602

This was the firm that prompted my message #302358. n/m

Reply by LKT/CA on 9/22/09 3:03pm
Msg #304603

<<<.......after reviewing the docs and the "audio clip" instructions (new to me) it was obviously another loan mod scam.>>>

If you ask the company scheduler the following questions [to start], it will be obvious to you what the job is and you can avoid these types of assignments altogether.

(1) Am I collecting a check or checks from the borrower OR having the borrower fill out a
credit/debit authorization for deduction form?
(2) Am I notarizing any signatures?
(3) Is the borrower filling out forms (BIG clue that it's an application, NOT the final mod)
(4) Am I collecting photocopies of documents from the borrower? (i.e. mortgage payment
coupon, tax returns, etc.)

Bottom line: If you're required to do most or all of what I listed above, then it's a loan mod APPLICATION. It makes no difference WHO calls or WHAT title they give the job. Ask the right questions and nip this in the bud. My questions to you, Christine, are:

1. Are you going to post EVERY time a different company calls you to say you gave back the
loan mod application job?
2. Are you going to post EVERY time [in reference to the loan mod app you gave back] asking if
"anybody heard of this company"?

Just curious......

Reply by Christine Hall on 9/22/09 3:38pm
Msg #304611

" My questions to you, Christine, are:

1. Are you going to post EVERY time a different company calls you to say you gave back the
loan mod application job?
2. Are you going to post EVERY time [in reference to the loan mod app you gave back] asking if
"anybody heard of this company"?

Just curious...... '

Nope, just letting other people know the names of the companies that are asking, such as the one other time I asked it was UDX which was unusual for them and Snyder Law was new to me. Really get a grip, I RARELY post on this board.

Reply by MW/VA on 9/22/09 5:24pm
Msg #304620

Thanks, Christine. I've taken your posts as helping to keep the rest of us informed of new companies popping up on the scene.

Reply by LKT/CA on 9/22/09 5:34pm
Msg #304621

<<<Nope, just letting other people know the names of the companies that are asking, such as the one other time I asked it was UDX which was unusual for them and Snyder Law was new to me.>>>

Really....can you (or anyone reading this) tell me how the name of a company makes any difference whatsoever to the loan mod application issue? To save time, I'll answer for you - it doesn't.

<<<Really get a grip, I RARELY post on this board.>>>

Oh, I have a grip......because I don't waste valuable time accepting such assignments in the first place. Therefore, Christine, I'm not the one that needs a grip.......

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 9/22/09 6:14pm
Msg #304624

Christine said it was a loan mod, she didn't say it was a loan mod application.

But it is nice to know which companies that are requesting illegal acts.

I have notarized signatures on several loan mods lately (not applications), borrowers have brought the docs to me. Seems to be a lot lately.

As Christine said, she rarely posts, and she believed this info was valuable to us.
I appreciate it when someone posts info they believe to be of value.

Reply by LKT/CA on 9/23/09 1:19am
Msg #304641

<<<Christine said it was a loan mod, she didn't say it was a loan mod application.>>>

Regardless of what she said, she described a loan mod application - twice, said she thought they were scams and gave the jobs back. I'm responding to what she wrote.

<<<I have notarized signatures on several loan mods lately (not applications), borrowers have brought the docs to me.>>>

So have I, did one for a couple this past Sunday.

<<<As Christine said, she rarely posts, and she believed this info was valuable to us.
I appreciate it when someone posts info they believe to be of value.>>>

NotaryGuy believes cutting and pasting comments from SC on deadbeat companies is valuable, yet you said something along the lines of "people can look it up the comments for themselves so it was a waste for him to cut and paste the info here". Those weren't your exact words but ***the point is*** you didn't think what he did was valuable.

I didn't say what Christine wrote wasn't valuable, I simply asked her if she was going to post EVERY time a new company calls her to report that she turned down yet another loan mod application that was "called" a loan mod by the hiring entity.

Reply by Jim/AL on 9/23/09 8:56am
Msg #304653

If she wants to post every time she gets a call from a different company than BRAVO to her.

The more I know about any SS, TC or lender the better I fell...it helps us to make more of an informed decision about who we work for and what they do or do not do.

Gee, I thought that is the main reason we read this forum, I know it is for me.

Reply by LKT/CA on 9/23/09 5:19pm
Msg #304728

<<<If she wants to post every time she gets a call from a different company than BRAVO to her.>>>

Yeah.........now we see what that resulted in - threats of a lawsuit, which if I were Christine, I would not consider it a laughing matter. It may not be just an empty threat. That law firm may actually sue her. The very people that gave her kissy kissy feel good comments, encouraging those types of posts and giving the "okay" for her to post "every time" are the very ones who will help her to incur the wrath of the companies she names.....

The person who gave her sound advice and told her the company name doesn't matter, just ask the right questions and turn down the assignment [to start] is the very one whose advice will save her rear-end.....yet this person gets called ignorant, rude, hypocritical and to "get a grip". Interesting observation......

Reply by Jim/AL on 9/22/09 11:03pm
Msg #304632

Bad day Lisa? n/m

Reply by Jim/AL on 9/22/09 11:07pm
Msg #304634

Re: Bad day Lisa?

Really rude and not a needed response Lisa. Yes, I want to know who is calling with these type jobs so I found it helpful. Thanks Christine!

If I see a post I do not care about, I just ignore it, hint, hint.

May God bless you all.

Reply by LKT/CA on 9/23/09 1:04am
Msg #304639

<<<Really rude and not a needed response Lisa.>>>

Ah, hardly! More like really right.

<<<If I see a post I do not care about, I just ignore it, hint, hint.>>>
D
idn't like my post...then you should have ignored it! Learn to take your own advice.

Reply by Jim/AL on 9/23/09 8:43am
Msg #304649

It was not just your post I responded to Lisa. It was Christine's post and your ignorant response that I responded to at the same time.

Again have a blessed day Lisa.

Reply by LKT/CA on 9/23/09 11:24am
Msg #304687

<<<It was Christine's post and your ignorant response that I responded to at the same time.>>>

Guess you still haven't learned to follow your own advice.

Reply by pan/nd on 9/22/09 11:56pm
Msg #304636

Lisa,

Your notary profile on this board says you treat your clients with the highest level of courtesy,

respect and professionalism. Really....I wonder about that!!

The key word must be clients-- because you seemingly don't impart those same qualities to

a fellow notary.

It's called hypocracy.

Reply by LKT/CA on 9/23/09 1:09am
Msg #304640

<<<Your notary profile on this board says you treat your clients with the highest level of courtesy,
respect and professionalism. Really....I wonder about that!! The key word must be clients-- because you seemingly don't impart those same qualities to a fellow notary. It's called hypocracy.>>>

No, it's called expressing my view the way *I*see it. Since when do I need your permission to post in the manner that I post? Unless you have something to offer regarding the issue at hand (i.e. the first post)...save your breath [and your lecture].

Reply by jba/fl on 9/23/09 9:09am
Msg #304658

I hear you Lisa - I'm getting a bit testy these days too. So, welcome to my small club - you know the one, the NR forum police/gods. Just got accused of it myself recently by some unknown, anonomous poster who really wanted the last word. Times are tough - my tongue is sore from all of the biting I do of late although I do let a few slip through. Sometimes it is just musing on the incredible things people do (or don't do). Advice? none. Just to let you know you are not alone; keep that blood pressure in check - you are the one who is upset, noone else. I'm trying to remember that too.

Enjoy your day - I am going to enjoy mine and you shouldn't have any less.

Reply by LKT/CA on 9/23/09 11:28am
Msg #304689

<<<Just to let you know you are not alone; keep that blood pressure in check - you are the one who is upset, noone else. >>>

Not upset at all. When someone feels the need to critique someone else's manners and they fail to contribute anything to the issue at hand - original poster's comments - then that's a clue that THEY'RE upset. If it got to the point where posts upset me....I wouldn't be on forums.

Yes, I will enjoy my day. Have a great day jba/fl.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.