Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Something you guys forgot to tell me......
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2009 Index

Posted by Shoshana/AZ on 9/14/09 12:48pm
Msg #303817

Keep both trays full! I just found out that if the letter tray is empty, printer defaults to legal. Does it happen nthe other way around as well?

Reply by Linda Juenger on 9/14/09 1:25pm
Msg #303822

I have an HP 4100 and it never ever defaults to either tray. When one tray is out, the orange light blinks and it stops printing until you load whatever size paper is out. I would hate the default to the other tray. Kind of defeats the purpose of having a dual tray.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 9/14/09 1:37pm
Msg #303825

Same as what Linda said - I have an HP 2430tn and the printer stops the print job and tells me a tray is empty.

Reply by MW/VA on 9/14/09 1:38pm
Msg #303826

Same here--it stops printing if either one of the trays is empty.

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 9/14/09 1:37pm
Msg #303824

You should be able to go into your printer properties / preferences and set the printer to halt should one of the trays become empty.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 9/14/09 2:12pm
Msg #303836

I just talked to HP Tech Support

They told me that There is no setting for that on thism model (1320) because it is a very basic model

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 9/14/09 2:40pm
Msg #303838

Re: I just talked to HP Tech Support

My first laser printer was a 1320, but it was so long ago, I don't remember anymore. I gave it away along with the software so I can't load a driver to see what is what, but that doesn't sound right.

I would still go into the printer properties, look around and look for something to uncheck. Or try reversing which tray has the legal and which tray has the letter.

It's not a big deal if you keep the trays full. I wish I had a better memory. Perhaps someone out there with a 1320 will post later ...

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 9/14/09 5:27pm
Msg #303858

Thanks Glenn. I'll try reversing the trays.
Shoshana

Reply by JAM/CA on 9/14/09 9:21pm
Msg #303869

I have a extra HP LaserJet 1320n. If you go to the HP Toolbox you can adjust the settings.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 9/14/09 10:48pm
Msg #303879

I looked thoroughly, but cannot find HP Toolbox. Apparently, mine is just the basic model. Perhaps that is why I don't have it.

Reply by cntrlcalntry on 9/14/09 11:08pm
Msg #303884

I have the basic 1320 also, my XP computer recognizes the tool box but on my new laptop with Vista it does not recognize it. Talked to a guy at a service shop and he said they did not make Vista to be able to access it because it is an older printer. Wish I would have known the before.

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 9/14/09 11:38pm
Msg #303885

OK, a couple more ideas ....

It's been a long time since I owned this printer so I am rusty and never tried to get it to work in vista. I notice HP has vista drivers on their site for this printer. Anyone tried that?

Also, what happens when you go into Control Panel, then Printers. Right click on that icon and choose properties and look around?

Good Luck ...

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 9/14/09 11:41pm
Msg #303886

Re: OK, a couple more ideas ....

I have XP on this desktop. I did go into properties and looked around. I could not find HP toolbox.

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 9/14/09 11:44pm
Msg #303888

one more ...

Tool box or some program should be in your program menu. Go there, click on it and see if it expands. Tool box may be there. If it is, right click on it, choose properties, then choose compatability mode. You can then choose from several versions of windows.

If it doesn't expand and just opens, close the program, and then right click on it and follow the above procedure.

After that, I am out of Ideas ......

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 9/15/09 7:29am
Msg #303898

Re: one more ...

Thanks, Glenn. There's nothing I can see that might be helpful.

Reply by JoannVA on 9/17/09 10:26pm
Msg #304217

go to the HP website and download the Tool Box software. That is where I had to go to get it. I also have a basic model 1320 HP LaserJet.

Ideally go to your Start menu - click on Settings - click on printers and faxes then click on your HP_LaserJet_ icon (use your right mouse click)

Go over (on properties menu) go over to Device Settings - any you will see Tray 1: (etc. Tray 2, Tray 3 - and modify it there

I really hope that helps - if not mess around in this area and you should get it to work.

I downloaded the PCL 6 software for the printer and it does very well.

Reply by JoannVA on 9/17/09 10:32pm
Msg #304218

look at your HP_LaserJet-1320 printing Defaults. which is located on the properties tab under ADVANCE (see button on lower left side). it's where the driver is shown (realize that HP has done alot of updates on this driver - I use PCL 6 which is the best by far.

You can see the new button to ask for a new driver here on this tab as well.

You can switch the paper source from automatically select to specific tray. I hope that helps !

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.