Notary Rotary
Split signing - other notary had hubby initial and date
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2009 Index

Posted by mwm143 on 9/23/09 4:17pm
Msg #304722

every single page. Even the closing instructions. Must be one of those super notaries who goes above and beyond their call of duty I keep hearing about.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 9/23/09 4:40pm
Msg #304725

When I took my first notary class, my instructor said every page must be initialed by the borrower - mostly to CYA in case they ever said they never saw a certain doc - particularly ones don't have to sign. This is, as you indicated, overkill - and in the case of a Provident loan, probably would have you re-signing the borrowers - for free. Also, over the years I have noticed some lender instructions forbidding initials where they are not called for. I agree - it's above and beyond ... and potentially risky.

Reply by jba/fl on 9/23/09 7:33pm
Msg #304740

Kind of like #304398 thread; now you comment like #304425.

Why the change?

Reply by mwm143 on 9/23/09 8:26pm
Msg #304743

I don't have the time to reference old posts at the moment but I certainly do appreciate your attention and feedback to my posts.

Reply by Jim/AL on 9/23/09 9:12pm
Msg #304747

There are 2 TC's that have this in the notary instructions. I used to do that per instructions and then I asked one day is it necessary and have not done it since.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.