Notary Rotary
Two sets of docs to sign.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2009 Index

Posted by enotary/va on 9/28/09 11:07am
Msg #305405

Had a signing a few days ago. Set of docs (126 pages) . Then there was a second set of docs (about the same 118 pages ). Second set had a cover page. In big letters Don't Date. Sign only... Just getting a clean set for my files.

Spoke with title company. Told that LO does this just to make sure he has all the paperwork in file he needs.

Does this happen to you. My first time.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 9/28/09 11:19am
Msg #305407

Oh, so you're supposed to facilitate not only the loan closing, but 118 pages of broker docs to sign???? And of course you are not getting a double fee. These companies sleigh me!

Reply by jojo_MN on 9/28/09 11:54am
Msg #305418

He probably didn't get the RESPA docs signed in the required three days from taking application. Most likely will be filling in a date within that time after he receives them. That happened to me last week. I received all of the RESPA docs dated 8/18/09. The instructions said to mark them RESPA docs. The borrowers were furious. They said they never receive ONE document to sign before the closing. They did sign them because they were going to save over $200 per month. There were no notarized documents, so I just had them sign. It puts us at a disadvantage because we know the laws changed. This should be a whole new thread with new topic, so I'm going to "copy and paste".

Reply by MW/VA on 9/28/09 1:57pm
Msg #305439

That's a new one. Why would they need a signed copy for the file, especially one not dated????? They just as easily could make a copy of the package when they got it back. I'm seeing red flags on this. Were you paid a double fee?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.