Notary Rotary
US Asset Recovery... what's the G/B/U?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2009 Index

Posted by Shelly_FL on 9/10/09 3:38pm
Msg #303455

Could not find anything on them here in a search. But did find something questionable when I Google the contacts name.

They are sending the docs along with a check for payment, so I'm a bit suspicious.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 9/10/09 3:59pm
Msg #303460

sending the docs along with a check

That used to be SOP, before edocs.
I don't know the company, but there are quite a few TC's out there who still do business that way.
Unless you know or have reason to suspect the check is no good, I wouldn't worry if it was me.

Reply by MW/VA on 9/10/09 4:29pm
Msg #303464

I did an assignment for them in July. There are only about 6 or 7 documents in all.
Some of those do require 2 witnesses (I was one, husband was the other).
It was easy & I love to be paid upfront!

Reply by Shelly_FL on 9/10/09 5:35pm
Msg #303470

Thanks for the feedback:) n/m

Reply by LKT/CA on 9/10/09 6:39pm
Msg #303473

Are you referring to

United Recovery Inc.,
101 Southwest Parkway Court, Suite 100
Franklin, TN 37064

I've worked for the above and they FedEx the paperwork (non-loan docs) to me along with a check. I like working for them. If you're referring to a different company, where is the company located?

Reply by dickb/wi on 9/10/09 6:45pm
Msg #303475

i would take all that kind i could get......... n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/10/09 7:35pm
Msg #303479

Shelly: They have "lost" money to give the people you will be notarizing for. You notarize documents that allows them to obtain and release the funds acting as your signer's agent. USAR will keep a bit of it for themselves. It's money the people did not know they had lying in an account somewhere. They found it and found the rightful owners.

They send a check ahead, trusting you to perform the job. You notarize and return the documents. You might want to make a copy for the people if one is not provided. It will make things go a little bit smoother if you give them a copy of what they are signing.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.