Notary Rotary
U.S. Certified Signers
Notary Discussion History

U.S. Certified Signers
Go Back to September, 2009 Index

Posted by Dmitri/SD/CA on 9/24/09 2:12pm
Msg #304857

U.S. Certified Signers

U.S. Certified Signers have been unethical in their business practices and disrespectful of me and my time as a Notary Signing Agent in having another associate of theirs, Steven, call up another Notary Signing Agent to accept their "set fee" on a loan signing assignment at the same time as Michael of U.S. Certified Signers was still on the phone with me and in the process of negotiating my Notary Signing Agent fee on that same assignment. Michael had then called me back ("to be nice", as he had put it) in order to waste more of my and his time to "vent" to me about how they have "set fees" and how U.S. Certified Signers will no longer ever negotiate their fees with Notary Signing Agents or accept Notary Signing Agent fees, only giving their assignments to those Notaries that accept their lowball "set" fee right off the bat. While speaking with Michael, it has further become very obvious to me that Michael, Steven and U.S. Certified Signers have absolutely no respect for the professional services that Notary Signing Agents provide, not for their time, feeling that it is o.k. to treat Notary Signing Agents like tools with no feelings rather than like live people.

Beware of this company and their NSA handling practices.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 9/24/09 2:47pm
Msg #304863

Thanks Dmitri

I am curious as to what their "set fee" is currently "set" at.
Would you mind sharing?

Reply by ChristineHI on 9/24/09 4:34pm
Msg #304888

I have to say that this company is one of my favorite to work for. Of course, everyone's experience is different, however, I have worked with them for years, in fact doing one for them today. They have never had problems with my fees. They definately do not lowball me. They pay me my regular fee and always have.
I find them very professional and in no way unethical in their practices.
I just think it is important that people always hear both sides to a story. I find them a great pleasure to work for, they pay me within 30 days and always pay my fee.

Reply by Notarysigner on 9/25/09 10:04am
Msg #305001

It is Unethical to receive pay for work someone else did and NOT pay them!

Reply by Lynne/OR on 11/11/09 7:32pm
Msg #310735

I agree with Christine..this company was very professional to work with, and paid VERY fast! I was almost shocked to see the check in the mail, as I just expected I would have to wait 30-45 days.

I would do business with them again!

Reply by Scott Goins on 9/24/09 7:05pm
Msg #304906

US Certified Signers is one of the best companies I've ever worked for. Reasonable pay, and they pay lightning fast. Michael and Stephen are pleasant and great to work for. Of course, you may have had a different experience which is a shame, but they have been consistently good in my own experience. I just don't want people base their opinions solely on this one bad experience.

Reply by Notarysigner on 9/25/09 10:06am
Msg #305003

Not Just one bad experience I'm sorry to say.

Reply by ChristineHI on 9/24/09 8:31pm
Msg #304926

I am curious if Dmitri has even worked with them before on a closing. It appears this is his first interaction with the company. I am just wondering. Just basing this on one interaction may not be reflective of everyone's experience.
I have never encountered anything even remotely close to being disrespected and have enjoyed working with them very much for the past many, many years and many successful closings. I am sorry he had a bad experience, however, my experience over the past years has been very positive.

Reply by Philip Johnson on 9/24/09 9:43pm
Msg #304935

Been good to me, can't complain. n/m

Reply by Notarysigner on 9/25/09 10:20am
Msg #305007

Just to add, I thought the forum was a vehicle to express ourselves and not about having to defend ourselves. Thank god we're all different and trying to make a living doing the same job. Hopefully with mutual respect by our peers, even if we differ in opinion.

Reply by linda/ca on 9/27/09 5:16am
Msg #305253

I had a not so good experience. Michael went so far to tell me I had to do what he said because he was giving me work. Of course I had to let him no differently.

Reply by Dmitri/SD/CA on 9/28/09 2:02pm
Msg #305442

A pretentious young man, that Michael, isn't he??!!! What does he think of himself?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.