Notary Rotary
Wash. state Notaries - help please on POA
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2009 Index

Posted by pjc on 9/9/09 1:35pm
Msg #303278

Thanks for all who respond. I have a POA sigining today that will designate a relative (husband??) as this woman's POA. The form is from Arizona and has a space for a "witness". Does there need to be a witness on this doc? Thanks again. Patti

Reply by 101livescan on 9/9/09 1:41pm
Msg #303282

Is this for POA to be specifically used in AZ, if so yes, if your state does not require Witness signing the document, then you won't need a witness.

Reply by LKT/CA on 9/9/09 2:05pm
Msg #303289

I understand this post to mean...

...this is not a loan signing but you are notarizing the signature on a Power of Attorney form and there is a space for a witness in addition to the notarial wording. If this is what you mean, I can only speak for California - Power of Attorney form doesn't need both witnesses and notarization....it's one or the other. To do both is overkill.

You mentioned the form is from Arizona.....I don't know what Arizona would require. If your post was referring to a loan signing, then follow the TC instructions (or call them for clarification) regarding witnesses.

Reply by Laura_V on 9/10/09 5:41am
Msg #303368

I'm in WA.

You do not need a witness.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.