Notary Rotary
"Legal Retainer" Same Scam New Words
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2009 Index

Posted by Yowheelz on 9/8/09 4:28pm
Msg #303182

Call to get about 15 documents signed as a legal retainer. Asked a bunch of questions to find out it is picking up post dated checks for a loan modification. Boy they are getting desperate and will try anything.

Reply by John/CT on 9/8/09 4:34pm
Msg #303184

Hang onto your hats! Here we go again ...

with a new twist! Good for you, Josephine: ask, ask, ask until you get at the truth!

Reply by MW/VA on 9/8/09 4:57pm
Msg #303185

Good for you for being aware. These folks need some "legal detainer", not "legal retainer". They are so bold--most of these companies are not law firms, and throw that word "legal" around as they mock the law. It seems like a game of "catch me if you can".
I think someone brought up about this being ok for attorneys. IMO same laws apply if they're collecting checks upfront.

Reply by Cari on 9/8/09 5:26pm
Msg #303190

did you by any chance, get the name of the company....

that wanted to hire you? I can guess....but it would be good to identify them here....

Reply by davidK/CA on 9/8/09 5:36pm
Msg #303193

Could the name begin with an integer higher than 20? n/m

Reply by LKT/CA on 9/8/09 7:46pm
Msg #303203

I said that forever ago....

...that companies will call the job anything BUT a loan mod app....and to ask KEY questions about the job duties (i.e. collecting checks, borrowing filling out paperwork, no notarizations, borrower providing photocopies)....

Reply by Yowheelz on 9/9/09 7:58am
Msg #303225

Not a number higher than 20

I asked the name of the company and they told me but at my age if I don't write it down I might as well not have asked. It was not one of the most talked about on this forum.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.