Notary Rotary
clueless SS
Notary Discussion History

clueless SS
Go Back to September, 2009 Index

Posted by Yowheelz on 9/5/09 6:07am
Msg #302965

clueless SS

Got a call from a SS asking if I was available for a closing between 1-2 on Friday Afternoon.
Answer: Yes, where is it
SS: Bear, DE
Answer: DE is an attorney state.
SS: Oh, what does that mean
Answer: Only an attorney can conduct closings
SS: Even if there are no notarizations?
Answer: (lightbulb goes off) Is this a loan mod with funds due up front?
SS: No, you only have to collect post dated checks.
Answer: No thanks.

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 9/5/09 7:29am
Msg #302967

And where do they want you to go? Delaware? Boy they are getting desparate huh?
They called me Thursday. I don't understand why our law enforcement (state or federal) hasn't closed these weiners down.

Reply by MW/VA on 9/5/09 1:30pm
Msg #302995

"Clueless" is what these crooks are counting on--clueless appt. schedulers, notaries, borrowers, etc.
Since they don't seem to give a hoot about any laws, why would DE be an "attorney" only state stop them???

Reply by roxierox/TX on 9/6/09 10:52am
Msg #303020

There are many of these so called "loan modification" companies popping up all over the country. They solicit notaries to pick up signed docs and post dated checks, beause we are trustworthy. No notarizations are needed. Very easy. However, they rip off the poor homeowner by making promises that they can't fulfill. They charge enormous amounts of money. I work for a major bank in home retention division, and know for a fact that the type of workout option available to the homeowner depends on the guidelines set forth by the investor of the loan. No company, including the lender, can do anything that the investor does not allow.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.