Notary Rotary
counting my blessings
Notary Discussion History

counting my blessings
Go Back to September, 2009 Index

Posted by Jones - Chelley on 9/4/09 9:27am
Msg #302866

counting my blessings

In this past week, I lost my beloved Father-in-law, found out my Sister-in-law...who had cancer in one breast...went through treatments for a year...only to find out the doctors missed something in her bloodwork and gave her the wrong treatment for the past year...now has 3 spots on her other breast they need to look at and she has to do another year of treatment, my Brother...her husband, lost his job after 20 years...what a week! When I returned to work Tuesday, I had email after email wishing me love and prayers...and they are still coming...from the processors I work with, loan officers and mostly...notaries. I am able to see through every set back because of the dedication and love each and everyone of them show me. The one thing I have found in this field of work we have is, for the most part...it is a family. We take care of one another and in times like these with the common folks just struggling to stay above water, it sure is nice to know we have someone watching over us and friends holding us up when we feel we can't stand alone. I am not looking for a response from anyone...I am just counting my blessings and thanking my friends.

Reply by 101livescan on 9/4/09 9:46am
Msg #302867

As trite as this may sound, every dark cloud has a silver lining. Family and friends are all we have to keep us grounded and sane. I'm wishing for you happiness and contentment and well being for you and your family. All the best for a great weekend! Love and light your way from Santa Barbara, CA

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 9/4/09 9:53am
Msg #302868

Blessings to all of you from Ohio! You have a good attitude, keep the faith!

Reply by 101livescan on 9/4/09 9:55am
Msg #302869

One more little thing...

This is from Kennedy's last interviews as he wrote "True Compass". I'm looking forward to its release on September 14.

Senator Kennedy wrote, "And I believe that approaching adversity with a positive attitude at
least gives you a chance for success," he said. "Approaching it with a
defeatist attitude predestines the outcome: defeat. And a defeatist's
attitude is just not in my DNA."

Reply by HKB on 9/4/09 10:40am
Msg #302876

Jones ... you are a very brave person .... I KNOW for sure that things WILL soon change. Keep counting your blessing and they will sure multiply .... being thankful is the only quick way out.

We all love you.

Reply by Jones - Chelley on 9/4/09 10:56am
Msg #302879

I am without words...other than, bless you and thank you. You just put a nice cozy blanket on my heart. Chel

Reply by Keystone_SA on 9/4/09 11:06am
Msg #302880

You're in our hearts and our prayers.

Stay strong and know that there are warm thoughts in our hearts and prayers for you and yours.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 9/4/09 1:34pm
Msg #302903

I know exactly what you mean Chel.

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers

Reply by trnsa_IL on 9/4/09 1:44pm
Msg #302904

You certainly have the right attitude and spirit! I know that without my faith, family, and friends I would be lost.

We should all take time to count our blessings; thanks for that reminder. I do try to remember that no matter how bad things seem they could also be worse.

Your situation is very similar to ours. My brother lost his job 12-15-08 and has been unable to find employment since. His wife gave birth to their third child on May 12. Their 8 year old daughter was recently diagnosed with Juvenal Rheumatoid Arthritis and their 5 year old son with severe allergies(not seasonal) and asthma. My mother's sister, who is 70 now, fell the day after Thanksgiving in 2007 and injured both of her knees. She tore the weight bearing muscles in both knees and had been bed ridden since. We have had to fight like crazy for her to be able to go to rehab. We had been caring for her at home 24/7 since she came back from the hospital. She is now walking again, and we are trying to get her into an assisted living community. Just Wed. my cousin underwent breast cancer surgery. She had her first mammogram last week and they found stage 2 cancer. I go to bed at night and thank God for my healthy family and ask for strength to do the things I have to do the next day to help all those who rely on me. Though at times I feel overwhelmed, He is always faithful.

God Bless you and your family and thanks for your post!

Tonya

Reply by JanetK_CA on 9/4/09 4:36pm
Msg #302928

Thanks for the reminder...

It's all too easy for us to focus on our gripes and grievances and, while that's what this forum is for to some extent, it's healthy for us to keep them in perspective and be thankful for what is going right!

My heart goes out to your brother and sister-in-law and the rest of the family. I hope you all gain strength from your ordeals!

Reply by Yoli/CA on 9/4/09 5:02pm
Msg #302935

Re: Thanks for the reminder...

As we have all found at one time or another, family is wonderful and God is great. This family of notaries couldn't be closer if we'd grown up in the same household. Allow the love of our family to comfort you in your time of need and accept God's blessings.

Reply by Bonnie Frederikson on 9/4/09 5:41pm
Msg #302939

I love you Chelly... n/m

Reply by Jones - Chelley on 9/8/09 10:26am
Msg #303131

Re: I love you Chelly...

I love you too Bonnie, you are such a light in my life...in fact, God Bless all of you so much. Thank you for being my family away from home. The responses have been so comforting...and if just gives confirmation of the love and friendship we have surrounding us at all times.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.