Notary Rotary
g-mail
Notary Discussion History

g-mail
Go Back to September, 2009 Index

Posted by calipat on 9/1/09 2:56pm
Msg #302490

g-mail

anyone having problems with g-mail? Have had g-mail for years never had a problem until today. Cannot get into the site.

Reply by davidK/CA on 9/1/09 3:08pm
Msg #302491

Me too. Hope the problem clears up soon. n/m

Reply by Linda Juenger on 9/1/09 3:11pm
Msg #302492

Same here. Was on this morning, but can't get on now. n/m

Reply by davidK/CA on 9/1/09 3:11pm
Msg #302493

Gmail error message

502 Service Temporarily Overloaded
Server congestion; too many connections; high traffic. Keep trying until the page loads.

Reply by jba/fl on 9/1/09 3:26pm
Msg #302494

Get rid of yahoo, get gmail. Now, should all thinking be

reversed?

I am very sorry for all, no matter which account you have. So, it is busy - will service be more busy when school starts back up all over the country? Or, could it be, this is the beginning of the mothership intercepting all earthling transmissions? Did that mothership come over from leisure to disrupt those of you who didn't check out its presence there?

Or, could it be, the govt. is hard at work....
Cooincidence?
Paranoia?

LOL - just gotta find some humor here!

Reply by MW/VA on 9/1/09 3:30pm
Msg #302495

Re: Get rid of yahoo, get gmail. Now, should all thinking be

Apparently the problem is with Yahoo & Gmail today. I've stuck with my original ATT email address (even though I've got cable internet). It has always been reliable. I use a Yahoo address as backup. I see they have also made some changes to their home page lately. Lots of competition between Yahoo & Gmail these days. Who knows, maybe they blew each other up? (joking here--hahahehehe)

Reply by calipat on 9/1/09 3:48pm
Msg #302497

Re: Get rid of yahoo, get gmail. Now, should all thinking be

I also have another back up e-mail through cox cable. My g-mail is my business e-mail and my other one is my personal one. I had a SS send docs to my personal e-mail so no problems getting e-docs.

Reply by Britt Scearce on 9/1/09 3:58pm
Msg #302500

Me too....It was working fine a little while ago. I'm glad I don't have a package to download right now.

Reply by RickG/CA on 9/1/09 4:21pm
Msg #302506

Using gmail via MS Outlook/Versamail no issues

message are coming and going. Even shot off a couple of large test files.

Reply by Michelle/AL on 9/1/09 4:32pm
Msg #302509

Looks as if GMAIL is back up. n/m

Reply by Michelle/AL on 9/1/09 4:42pm
Msg #302511

GMAIL CHROME...Did you do the upgrade?

Those of you using GMAIL...I'm sure you see the notice about GMAIL running better on "CHROME". I've been ignoring it. Have you?

Reply by Jim/AL on 9/1/09 7:33pm
Msg #302525

Re: GMAIL CHROME...Did you do the upgrade?

Tried Chrome, hated it, deleted it. About to try Mozilla firefox on PAW's recommendation, his (Pauls) opinion I trust very highly.

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/2/09 7:13am
Msg #302542

Chrome's okay.

I have it on a couple of my computers.

Note about gmail being down yesterday...as mentioned earlier in another thread, I have the new MyTouch phone. It never lost contact with the mothership. I was able to access my calendar and my gmail with my phone when the web could not.

Reply by Richard Ingram on 9/2/09 1:39pm
Msg #302598

Re: Chrome's okay.

Chrome is faster than Firefox but my daughter (techie) says it is not as secure as Firefox. She will not use IE but I often have to use it for certain web site downloads. Chrome is a good back up and knowing Google I am sure they will continue to improve it.
I really love gmail and have never experienced but a couple of times when it was down for only an hour or so.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.