Notary Rotary
kudos to this notary
Notary Discussion History

kudos to this notary
Go Back to September, 2009 Index

Posted by Jones - Chelley on 9/22/09 9:43am
Msg #304559

kudos to this notary

One of my notaries who is new to this business got high marks in my book. Rather than muddle through her closing and send us a package full of rejects, she picked-up the phone and got instruction on the documents she was unfamiliar with! This was the smartest thing to do because rather than chance a document being incorrect...she put her pride aside and called. I prefer questions over rejections...any day! The fact that she called also shows she cared about completing her signing correctly...some companies might see calling for instruction as a weakness...but I think humility is one of the greatest qualities a person can have. I will use her again...gladly!

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 9/22/09 9:46am
Msg #304560

The only dumb question is the one that you fail to ask....

just before you do something really dumb.

Reply by jba/fl on 9/22/09 11:32am
Msg #304570

Isn't that the truth! n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 9/22/09 11:52am
Msg #304575

IMO it follows that the best & brightest people ask questions & end up being very successful.

Reply by bahama on 9/22/09 3:13pm
Msg #304605

I couldn't agree more. Knowledge is power and the more questions you ask you get a better understanding. Understanding is priceless. Kudos to your notary also.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 9/22/09 4:00pm
Msg #304617

I think it's also very important to note that she called YOU, her client, rather than coming onto a message board to ask a bunch of people - however well intentioned - who are not involved in the particulars of that assignment. ('Course, it's kind of hard to check a MB during a signing. Wink) But I've always found it best to go to the client first. I remember eating lots of humble pie in my early days! It was my best teacher. Although, I must admit that I wasn't always lucky enough to get a knowledgeable, helpful person on the other end and had to learn how to discern good info from bad, but I guess that just comes with experience, like anything else.

Kudos to YOU for having a great attitude towards your notaries!

Reply by CH2inCA on 9/22/09 4:45pm
Msg #304619

I would say too; that the newbie is lucky to have spoken to you. Or to have been working with you.

Recently I called the SS for clarification on a document the response was. "That wasn't in the docs we sent you." It was my only signing of the day; we were at the table, I'm looking at the document, what am I supposed to do argue? So I said, "So, you're saying they shouldn't sign it? "Of course have them sign it!" ....sigh

Different job. Non borrowing spouse. Recieved a list of documents that WERE to be signed by the NBS, including the note. I called, just double checking; you want her to sign the note even if she is a non borrowing spouse. I can practically see the snear on the young ladies face, "Yes, is there a problem?" So I have her sign. I get a call the next day; "You need to go back and get a his only signature. And you didn't get one of the forms signed." "It wasn't part of the edocs" "Yes, it was" "Email it to me, we'll get it done."

Waited HOURS, called them back for the document, "Oh, it's not needed. Wasn't in the packet."

Somewhere in the listings there must be a field that says, Newbie, jerk em around a bit.

Reply by rengel/CA on 9/23/09 7:50pm
Msg #304741

and kudos to YOU for being available for the notary to call and for answering the questions.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.