Notary Rotary
WARNING, NON-PAYMENT SIGNING AGENT
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2010 Index

Posted by JOHN FOX on 7/6/10 11:13am
Msg #343889

I hope no one is waiting for payment on Kostantine Safir, k/a genuine title,k/a Safir signing Agent LLC. All phone numbers only take message, and no return. He signed for an email, but never called. I skipped traced him and got his home phone and address. If anyone needs info to collect, feel free to call me. His address is in Owings Mills, MD 21117.

Reply by Jim/AL on 7/6/10 11:17am
Msg #343891

Old news, he is shifty. n/m

Reply by JOHN FOX on 7/6/10 11:22am
Msg #343892

Re: Old news, he is shifty.

was you stiffed?

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 7/6/10 11:24am
Msg #343893

Many have been stiffed across the country. Guess you didn't look up his MO before doing the work.

Reply by JOHN FOX on 7/6/10 11:36am
Msg #343898

thanks for the info on notrot. I am from Hilton Head, S.C. and only do out of state closings and such. Pretty exclusive for me. John

Reply by Margaret Siekierzynski on 7/29/10 6:33pm
Msg #346883

Safir/ Genuine Title

I just got my first signing appt from him....questioned him based on the info read here. He states it was an error with bank checks being mis-printed. Has anyone heard this story from him ? Thx

Reply by jba/fl on 7/30/10 8:59am
Msg #346964

Re: Safir/ Genuine Title

"Has anyone heard this story from him ?"

Of course - only people like you who read and disregard the warnings. Evidently, you believe you will somehow be "different" and none of the warnings you read will apply.

This reminds me of women who will not listen to good sound advice from other women but will listen to lousy advice from men because they are men. It is as though women are out to get you? You have no faith in women because you are one of those who cannot think for herself, therefore, no others can? I don't get this mentality at all.

Sorry if this sounds crude. Many people contribute to this board - they actually take time to make reasoned responses and comments to benefit others. But, hey, what do I know, I'm just a woman....

Reply by Maia_CO on 7/6/10 11:46am
Msg #343900

I've just gone through the same thing with these clowns for the last time. Before payment problems, they were disorganized and inconsiderate at best. Now Konstantin Safir has by far exceed the limits of my good sense, tolerance and patience. I'm done with the half-baked excuses, amateur business practices and complete lack of respect or consideration for notary contractors.

I will be sending these sorry folks to collections if I don't have their payments in in my box on the due date. I refuse to deal with Genuine Title LLC, Genuine Title Company or Safir Signing Agents LLC ever again. Kostantin Safir has a terrible business ethic and even worse attitude when confronted about his late payments. They don't even bother to try.

"Kosty" Safir states in his paperwork for assignments that payments are made on the 30th of every month but once the due date has come and gone, if/when you actually catch him on the phone he equivocates and makes a stream of excuses for why payment cannot be issued on time. The latest tall tales involved a combination of stories including that the account number on the checks had been incorrectly printed over 3 weeks ago and had to be reissued.

When the check did not arrive on the timetable he initially told me, I called back and got a story from his his scheduler (Shannon Smoot) that the checks had been sent out the previous Friday. Foolishly, I waited another week to discover that was also untrue. Called back again and actually reached Konstantin on his mobile phone to discover that the checks for May jobs had just been sent out on June 30th (not May 30th as stated and confirmed by Shannon Smoot) due to some delay in Genuine Title receiving payment from "title". In this last call he was belligerent, argumentative and unapologetic with the only solution he offered was to wait for the check and if I didn't like it I could stop working with them.

I chose the latter...

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 7/13/10 1:08pm
Msg #344763

I'm a closing agent in Baltimore Md and have an inquiry from Maryland Insurance Commission's law enforcement dept., regarding Genuine Title. I need to know if you still have the hud and your order for the job. Please respond asap.
Thanks Ilene

Reply by Betty Mitchell on 7/13/10 3:39pm
Msg #344797

Promises, Promises, Promises. I gave them a second chance against my own best judgement after the loan officer called, begged me to do the closing and agreed to make sure I was paid. It's been 3 months now. Of course, the LO cannot help me. I filed a complaint with the State today. Don't waste your time. Also, the closing request stated an incorrect town which resulted in my having to drive an additional 23 miles one way to do the closing. When I called to tell them about the mistake, they took offense. I was told I would be compensated for the additional mileage. I was stiffed by them for over 6 months previously and had them on my "no, no" list. Learned my lesson. Don't waste your time.

Reply by Les_CO on 7/6/10 1:04pm
Msg #343905

See message #342807 n/m

Reply by Teddog/CO on 7/6/10 5:21pm
Msg #343924

Thanks to everyone who keeps reporting these people who just love "stiffing" notaries. Report them everywhere even the cafe.

Gee! Notaries get really tired of having to chase people for their money. Perhaps a "If I don't know you or if I can't find any feedback. Be prepared to prepay via Google Checkout should be our new policy." Sad Sad!

Sorry you had such a bad experience.

Reply by cadmonkey/CA on 7/6/10 5:24pm
Msg #343927

it seems like everyday we are coming close to becoming a cash only business.

Reply by Teddog/CO on 7/6/10 5:27pm
Msg #343928

cadmonkey, Sounds like a great concept to me:) n/m

Reply by laurielnc on 7/6/10 7:07pm
Msg #343947

I am so glad I turned them down in May. They gave me the hardest time because I wouldn't do a signing because of feedback on this forum. It was the best decision in the long run. I will never work for them even if feedback were to get better. Rude people!!

Reply by John/MO on 4/1/11 8:03am
Msg #378257

Another case to add to not signing for this clown. The man has no morals or ethics. He owes me money and uses all the old lines......got your invoice in front of me and I'll pay you right away.......

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.