Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
ALERT WARNING! MAD RUSH TO MEET END OF YEAR DEADLIINES!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 12/15/12 10:11am
Msg #446619

Wow, I could've worked til midnight last night. It's 32 degrees, Old Man Winter crept in a couple of nights ago. I hardly noticed I was so busy and stayed overnight with a friend with the heater cranked up to 71. (My furnace repairman will be here Tuesday 9am!)

December 26 is the last day to sign to close/fund by year end. The demand is high! Not enough hours. Escrow is cranky, LOs are chomping to make these commissions by year end. I'm only answering the phone for my best clients. This madness could drive you over the edge. People are traveling for the holidays! Too busy with parties and other social obligations. No docs, wrong docs, misspelled names, deceased vestees...WHAT? you didn't know one of the borrowers passed last year and you used the same 1003 from their last refi? They are actually getting approved for the loan/vesting?

YIKES, see you can get to heaven and still get a loan? My of my...I've seen everything now.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 12/15/12 11:49am
Msg #446634

It's crazy town... yesterday I started in Tehachapi, CA... ended up down in Calabasas, CA and was in Van Nuys well after 9pm, and still had 2 hours of driving home in the rain, plus other appointments all in between those. There are hundreds of notaries that could have taken those LA jobs, but this title company insisted on paying me for it. Hey, if they pay the fees, I go.

I didn't get home until nearly 2am... and I had a escrow company that wanted me to do a signing this morning in town starting at 8am. It's not even 10am and I've had 10 calls. I'm VERY thankful for the opportunities, but I'm really screening the work for the next couple weeks, too... only my favorite companies and the ones who have the best reputations with me are going to get on my schedule.

Reply by Raj Sahu on 12/16/12 1:48am
Msg #446701

How many (max) signings do you accept in a day Marian? I have decided I won't accept more than three in a day (am a Mobile Notary/NSA in South CA). It’s kind of too much (beyond that number) for a newer notary like me Smile Besides I like to give quality service to the SC/ Lender—and more than three a day may result in less than quality work… (I am talking about myself only)

Reply by HisHughness on 12/15/12 1:08pm
Msg #446639

***WHAT? you didn't know one of the borrowers passed last year and you used the same 1003 from their last refi?***

Gives a whole new dimension to the term "deadline."

Reply by Karla/OR on 12/15/12 4:36pm
Msg #446662

Thanks for the laugh!!! n/m

Reply by 101livescan on 12/15/12 4:56pm
Msg #446663

Only you Hugh woulx draw :this from my post. Too funny.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 12/15/12 7:29pm
Msg #446681

Thanks for the much needed comic relief! :>) n/m

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 12/15/12 9:24pm
Msg #446687

Re: Thanks for the much needed comic relief! :>)

One time I had a loan pkg with a Death of Joint Tenant affidavit. I gingerly ask the poor widow to sign, and she goes What the heck? My husband is sitting right over there! He's not dead!

How embarrassing!
Fortunately, they thought it was funny! When I left the husband got up to open the door for me, walking like a zombie. "Dead Man Walking," he joked.

I can't remember all the details of what happened but it was a massive screwup by the title company. Imagine that. I think they sent them some sort of gift/apology. Nothing for me, of course.

Reply by 101livescan on 12/16/12 9:22am
Msg #446713

Re: Thanks for the much needed comic relief! :>)

This has happened to me before also, where the spouse in fact is alive, well and kicking.

Can you imagine, though, I walk into this very nice restaurant, we have a private dining room to sign in Santa Ynez, and when I ask about the whereabouts of so and so, everyone looks at each other and says, "shall we tell her", Mrs. passed away from massive head injuries, we found her on the trail dead as she had fallen from her horse only six months prior. The sorrow and the loss, the grief, were still very fresh. I wanted to be swallowed up by a big black hole. I was devastated for the widower and his two partners. Went back to escrow, lender redrew docs and provided affidavit of death of spouse and joint tenant.

These lenders are just too busy to pay attenton to important details. It's a Montecito lender!

BTW, I got a call from one of them just yesterday to sign a LOU about vested interests, as the merry widower has found a new younger squeeze, is seling his share of the 120 acre ranch and moving to Hawaii.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.