Notary Rotary
ARG! I've had it with Nations Direct!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by Taylor on 12/31/12 9:21am
Msg #448236

Seriously! Calls starting at 7am and they keep calling back every 4 minutes after that?! This is harassment! I told them I wasn't available until 2013 over and over again and they are still calling me. Can't these people be sued for harassment or something? Enough is enough!

Reply by KimTOR on 12/31/12 9:36am
Msg #448242

We are up to 7 calls in 35 minutes. This isn't right!

Reply by MC_oh on 12/31/12 10:07am
Msg #448249

They just called me 7 times in the last 10 mins. I was in a signing and therefore did not answer my phone. Not one single message was left. When I did answer their 8th call, I asked why they didn't leave a message. They said they were no longer allowed to. Needless to say, I did not accept the assignment from them.

Reply by VA/VA on 12/31/12 10:19am
Msg #448252

I have asked them to remove me from their vendor list, my phone automatically sends them to voice mail, and they still keep calling with their phone number blocked. I quote them double what I would charge anyone else--and they still keep calling.

I don't know what else to do do?

Reply by Jack/AL on 12/31/12 10:23am
Msg #448253

ND is perhaps now desperate, because so few of us will work with them. Your frustrations will not decrease, as long as you try to work with ND. They do not/will not listen to what you say, but just read their silly scripts, repeatedly! They are not required/allowed to use logic, so their actions will repeatedly result in frustration and anger by those of us who still try to work with them. I stopped many months ago, and have felt better since. No other company, of which I am aware, behaves like ND. End the year with a positive step, by dropping ND, before you reach the breaking point............

Reply by Reggie007 on 12/31/12 12:52pm
Msg #448265

I suggest you check the phone and criss cross it....its a company thats working to keep ND off the streets....email me I will tell you more..

Reply by Reggie007 on 12/31/12 12:57pm
Msg #448268

ALWAYS CALL THEM BACK, IF YOU GET A RECORDING CEASE BUSINESS YOU ARE DEALING WITH AN UNETHICAL, SCRUPLOUS, COMPANY...PLAIN AND SIMPLE..

Reply by Reggie007 on 12/31/12 12:50pm
Msg #448264

Beware that some people are using Nations Name to keep you off the streets... I use a tracker and 314 area code is one of them....Nations in Ca is a good company and they in 314 are using the name to keep you unavailable....just more bs folks....

Reply by closergrl on 12/31/12 10:49am
Msg #448255

Had them call 17 times in less than a 1/2 hour!!! I almost had a heart attack because my daughter was driving on slippery roads in Wisconsin that day. That IS harassment, IMHO.

Reply by Ray Hartley on 12/31/12 12:53pm
Msg #448266

Your phone co. can block em...

Reply by Priscilla Witman on 12/31/12 10:54am
Msg #448257

I paid extra with my cell service provider, Verizon, to permanently block their number(s). If you have Verizon, you can temporarily block a limited number of phone numbers for up to 90 days at a time. I wanted it to be permanent, so I pay the extra $5/month. Well worth it. I wonder if enough of us complain, if it might make a difference.

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/31/12 11:48am
Msg #448260

Folks, the only way that might make a difference

is to get the names of principals in their company and send certified letters, return receipt requested. Enclose a copy of your cell phone bill with the repeated calls highlighted. Keep it short and simple. Tell them that you will be reporting this to local law enforcement if it happens again. Leave out the griping about the low fees. Simply say that you have asked that the callers to remove you from the call list because you do not wish to do business with them. If possible, note the dates that you made that request.

If it keeps up, talk to local law enforcement.

Reply by Reggie007 on 12/31/12 12:55pm
Msg #448267

Re: Folks, the only way that might make a difference

make sure it is who you think it is.

Reply by Priscilla Witman on 12/31/12 1:06pm
Msg #448269

I'm a little confused...

When the caller ID says "Nations Direct", that's exactly who it is. They can't call my cell phone anymore, but they do call my home phone, which has a traditional caller ID. They only ever call me from an 800 or an 866 number. They have recently switched tactics, saying simply "This is so-and-so from Nations"... probably because there are so few people who will take their calls.
I'm not clear on what you mean by make sure it is who you think it is. If you have some additional information, I'm sure we would all appreciate knowing it.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 12/31/12 1:10pm
Msg #448273

And I'm more than just a little confused...Reggie

you're the only one who mentioned an area code....why? How do you know? None of the posters mentioned the number that called in.

And Nations Direct in CA is a good company? By whose standards? Nations Direct Title in Florida is a good company, but the one in CA? You better search here and read read read...

EMWTK

Reply by Reggie007 on 12/31/12 1:58pm
Msg #448281

Re: I'm a little confused...

Let me try one more time. Besure to call them back! ID them if it refuses your call then use another number one they publish.. What is happening most to the time is a company will hire gals to say " hi this is Jo Blow from Nations Direct and we have a closing in your area." At this point ask name and number again...explain you will call them back...if you reach denied numbers you got yourself a phony...All I am saying is one company can represent another to keep you off the streets. MY experience, they ask me to hold the time open for 1 day...and She made a mistake and used the wrong line so i caught her...I know the company, I know the IP address, I know the location, I know they phone numbers they answer and its all trumped up...This is a great way to smerch a good company.. Maybe you have not experienced my senerio.. Good luck...

Reply by Reggie007 on 12/31/12 1:59pm
Msg #448282

Re: I'm a little confused...

remember if you added them to contacts and called them ND then it shows ND ok? ok!

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/31/12 4:45pm
Msg #448298

Reggie - How low will you go?

Nations Direct is a very low paying company. Some people just do not want to take those low paying jobs.

If you do what I say, and you send the numbers that are on your phone bill, the person who receives the letter will know it is not the right person.

Yes, I understand you are saying making ND look bad...keeping gals off the street, faking phone calls, etc. But, it's far fetched. They pay low...those they are calling already do not work for them.

Reply by LKT/CA on 1/1/13 12:20pm
Msg #448361

Here's what I do

What I'm going to suggest can be used for telemarketers, deadbeat companies or freeloading relatives you do not wish to deal with. First, I personally do not answer "restricted" or "unavailable" numbers. They go to voicemail. Second, I've created a "DO NOT ANSWER" label in my contact list. I have also given that label it's own group category and named that "NUISANCE". I have assigned the "DO NOT ANSWER" list a "silent" ringtone, or I pick a simple beep or an ugly ringtone. When a call comes in from one of the above mentioned, I hear the beep ring tone and already know not to answer. Or if the phone is on vibrate, I may see the DO NOT ANSWER label and let the call go to voicemail.

On my other phone, I could check a box that said "Send calls directly to voicemail". This new phone, I have to save the nuisance number to my contact list and give it a silent/ugly ringtone. I have a combination of about 30 numbers saved under the DO NOT ANSWER label. After nine months, I delete them and start over. Sometimes, telemarketer or deadbeats keep calling from different phones - either cell or landline so you may be adding numbers daily. But at least you know you won't be harrassed from the same number more than once if you save it as I have outlined above.

Again, this works for freeloading relatives as well as companies and telemarketers - anyone you don't wish to be bothered with.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.