Anyone ever have one person acting as POA for Mr & Mrs n/m
Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by Shelly_FL on 12/26/12 5:43pm
Msg #447832

Anyone ever have one person acting as POA for Mr & Mrs n/m

Reply by Clem/CA on 12/26/12 6:21pm
Msg #447833

Re: Anyone ever have one person acting as POA for Mr & Mrs

Yep, had a guy covering his sister and brother-in-law as POA... along with himself and his wife.... Took forever, was one of those initial every page of 18 page DOT things. Double POA = 1 extra large PITA. Hope you are getting paid well!!!!

Reply by KTN on 12/26/12 10:11pm
Msg #447840

Actually, the one time I had that it was one of the fastest signings ever. The signer didn't know what the terms were so she didn't have to verify anything. She didn't care what the docs were, either. She just signed away, and we chatted the whole time. Piece of cake, that time. But it does depend on the signer.

Reply by CJ on 12/26/12 11:30pm
Msg #447846

I did: a business partner signed for her co-partner and his wife when they went on vacation to Mexico. She didn't know what she was getting into when she volunteered to do it. But she also didn't care about the figures, and she kept saying, "They are going to owe me BIG time for this!".

Reply by JanetK_CA on 12/27/12 3:06am
Msg #447860

Sounds like one I did. This couple had a friend who happened to be a loan officer - but he couldn't get them as good a deal as the broker they ended up with, so he wasn't going the loan. Big package, long names... His comment was word for word: "They are going to owe me BIG time for this!" Wink

I hope that's the last time I have to do one of those!! But the cool part of this one was that I also went to their home before they left on vacation to notarize the POA. So I got to meet them and the friend before the actual signing. Just made it a little more interesting.

Reply by IDANotary on 12/27/12 7:10pm
Msg #447933

Yes, I just did my 2nd Double POA earlier this month. Because it was my 2nd one, I planned for 3 hours, brought a lot of patience and kept the borrower's copy close at hand to swap out all the oopsies that the signer kept making. She was 70+ signing for her daughter and Son-in-Law. Charge double and then some. I also do a pre-verification with Title to make sure they have a copy of the POA and they approve it. Don't want to do that kind of a signing twice. You never get told up front that it is a double POA. Once you find out, give it back or double your fee. AND never at month end!

Reply by Shelly_FL on 12/27/12 8:53pm
Msg #447942

Thanks for sharing your experiences, it only took 1.5 hours.

The signing agency did not state it was to be a POA, much less a double. I called them back to get an additional fee and ask whether the original POA was to be returned with docs. To top it off, I get the docs and it was a VA loan, but rather small for a VA at 110 pages. I also had enough time to print out a few loose acknowledgements of my own to replace their jurats, so that saved me a lot of writing.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.