Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Anyone notice an increase in last minute cancellations?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by droman_IL on 12/11/12 10:30am
Msg #446147

The last few weeks I've been getting my schedule booked well in advance for appointments (and by well in advance, I'm clearly talking about "Notary Time" in which anything less than a two days notice is "well in advance!" ) At first I thought was wonderful- I was FINALLY able to have a schedule with minimum chaos! However, it seems as though those appointments set in advance either run down to the wire with getting me documents, or cancel within 2 hours of the appointment. It's frustrating because I've obviously turned down other appointments for those time slots and now I have lost money. Unfortunately, it's with a major title company that doesn't pay cancellation fees, and for the last several years it's not been that much of an issue. Has anyone else noticed similar changes? I've sent them a heated letter stating how unprofessional it is of them to have so little regard for my time, and there is no excuse for there NOT to be any communication as to what is going on with their appointments. Sometimes these companies act like I don't have other appointments that need my attention and I absolutely do not have the time or inclination to sit around to wait to see what develops with their appointments less than 2 hours before the signing time. I don't have an issue doing my due diligence in trying to get a status on documents, but it should not be my responsibility to have to chase down documents. As far as I'm concerned, three phone calls and an email constitute due diligence! Just venting- thanks for letting me bend an ear!

Reply by 101livescan on 12/11/12 10:55am
Msg #446150

The pipelines are full. Then at the last minute, Underwriter determines Credit portion needs updating, missing pieces, like Trust Certificate, disclosures, any number of things. Maybe appraisal needs updating, depending on area, or rate lock expired, nothing we have any control over.

You know, Oct and Nov monthends were so wacky, I've decided not to get my shorts in a bunch this month...I'm not chasing anything, let it chase me.

If you get my drift....

Reply by ananotary on 12/11/12 11:04am
Msg #446156

Couldn't agree more. I chase nothing, lol n/m

Reply by Barb25 on 12/11/12 11:15am
Msg #446159

Very well said.

Reply by BossLadyMD on 12/12/12 1:22pm
Msg #446319

I've had quite a few last minute cancellations, its terrible n/m

Reply by JustANotary on 12/11/12 11:22am
Msg #446164

I also am getting tons of cancellations. They always seem to come in bunches.

Reply by BobtheElder on 12/11/12 11:24am
Msg #446166

I hear you. I think it's graet to get appointments set several days ahead, but MOnday I hade four scheduled and only one happened... need a better way.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 12/11/12 11:57am
Msg #446178

I've had my share the last couple weeks also. What I don't like is no one contacting us that it is cancelled. Very frustrating. What's even worse is that I got an email asking for the status of the loan and it didn't happen. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Poor communication between everyone involved.

Reply by CentralNY on 12/11/12 12:15pm
Msg #446183

Is there any such thing as a real clear to close

these days.

Reply by Matt_VA on 12/11/12 6:21pm
Msg #446228

I just recently dropped FASS for this. They were costing me money!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.