Notary Rotary
Been doing those "do not call BO" signings and you already
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by HSH/WA on 12/18/12 7:00pm
Msg #446996

know what happened. There I am in the driveway with no one home. Now I'm to get paid 60% of the agreed fee. Usually I can get the phone number after the docs go out, but not this one - "too sensitive". I will continue doing them (need the business) but only if I can get the number before printing and driving. One day I'll be able to just say no, like most of you. Until then, got to pay the dues.

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/18/12 7:09pm
Msg #446997

Boy, that was a sensitive one! Probably a secret,

too. They didn't even know you were coming! I have had one of those and a door slammed in my face. I think that anyone who has been in the biz very long has been through that at least once. Two was my limit. After that, no more.

Reply by LKT/CA on 12/18/12 9:30pm
Msg #447016

"One day I'll be able to just say no, like most of you."

You're entitled to the full fee if the end result is a no-show or no-sign. That's what I'd require if I did those types of signings (but I don't).

Reply by HSH/WA on 12/18/12 10:44pm
Msg #447031

Re:I ask signing company to sign an agreement that I

received full pay if no show, no sign after I showed up on time with the docs. Would not agree to it. Because I need the work, I didn't push it. I can sit home and earn nothing or take my chances and come away with at least 60% of a full fee. I will only do these at off hours not prime evenings just before EOM. I really disagree with the policy of "no contact" like they do such a better job with the BO than we do.

Reply by sheltn on 12/19/12 12:42pm
Msg #447075

Re: "One day I'll be able to just say no, like most of you."

why can't bo be asked to call us.
maybe so we can get directions
gate access details etc
I would think they would
not mind touching base with notary
coming to their house...

Reply by BobtheElder on 12/19/12 10:46am
Msg #447055

I bill for my full fee when I show up. I don't care what happens after I'm in the driveway, I'm getting paid. I'd rather sit home and make nothing than compromise on that.

Reply by Lavergne Manuel on 12/19/12 11:30am
Msg #447064

"1003"

Reply by HSH/WA on 12/19/12 3:14pm
Msg #447101

Re:Sure enough - number on 1003 - thanks again NR n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 12/19/12 4:08pm
Msg #447110

Yes...number is on the 1003 - but keep in mind

if you're instructed not to call and you've accepted the assignment with those conditions, you risk being dropped, not being paid, etc etc if you go against their instructions.

I'd call and get permission to call. If they say no, they can reassign. My logistics don't allow me to go out without concrete directions and confirmation with the signers.

JMO

Reply by HSH/WA on 12/19/12 5:19pm
Msg #447128

Re: Yeah, I agree with above. Hate to get blammed if BO

refused to go ahead with the loan - all because a dumb SA called and upset him by confirming the appt.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.