Notary Rotary
CPA Newletter for 2012 Tax Laws
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2012 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 12/10/12 8:50am
Msg #445996

I thought I would share with all of you the newsletter I get from my CPA every December updating me on how to prepare for 2012 tax filing next quarter. Although I'm in CA, the information is mostly Federal, some State.

Good luck. I can't wait to do my 2012 taxes. NOT! Willliam Mahanian in Santa Monica has been my CPA since 1986 when I purchased my first property and my saviour with the tax man. In 1995, he saved my bacon in an IRS audit with "zero" tax liability. Uncle Sam sent me a tax bill for $17K one year. He is the best thing that ever happened in my business life, fresh out of USC.

I'm not advertising for William, he's plenty busy. Just saying, I hope everyone has a good agent or CPA. Could get interesting! in the coming years.

http://www.williammahaniancpa.com/newsletter.php?date=122012

Have a great month. It's already crazy, week one in December I was mostly standing on my head! with reams of paper processing through my workhorse printer.

Reply by Beverly Kinlaw on 12/10/12 9:47am
Msg #446003

thank you this will be valuable

Reply by jojo_MN on 12/10/12 10:41am
Msg #446007

Thank you for sharing. It is very good information. Not flagging as advertising; however, as soon as you added that second paragraph it DID become advertising. My current tax accountant sent me the same information, but I'm not putting his name out.

Reply by sueharke on 12/10/12 11:23am
Msg #446013

I am writing this post as a CPA and I am not advertising for more clients. Many people do not get advice or plan for their business because he or she does not understand how important year-end planning is to their business or personal life. The end result is paying more taxes (or incorrectly prepared tax returns) because of the tax preparer he or she uses. Many times the tax preparer is not experienced and in the first year of working in the field at a store front tax service. Actually, until recently anyone could put up a shingle saying he or she prepares income tax returns without any education on the sujbect. This is why the IRS is starting to regulate the tax preparation business.

Many people think "oh, I can use Turbo Tax or other online software." End result is the he or she misses key deduction or allowable tax credits or messes it up completely resulting in a more expensive amended return.

These posts may help a notary rotary member finds the right tax person. if this happens and the member gets the right advise to save money, then I do not consider it advertising. If the named tax person provides services that educate notaries on this forum for free, I also do not believe it is advertising, but education.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.